Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Lindsey MaxHP Maf chip questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 12:31 PM
88BlueTSiQuest
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lindsey MaxHP Maf chip questions

Is anyone running these from Lindsey? I'm wondering what boost levels they burn the chips for, as they don't have that option on their site. I'm hoping Dave might email me today with that info, but who knows as they are closed on Saturdays.

The only options I could select were:

88 951 Non-S.
3" Exhaust. There wasn't an option for cat delete, which I have.
Mass Air Flow. Which I have a Stage 1 with the stage 2 piping.
Stock injectors.
Stock 26/6 turbo.

My chip # is 5321.

I would of bought straight from Russel, but after a week of no email response, and the fact I needed these for the rest of the goodies I got, I just bit the bullet and ordered from Lindsey.

I've also posted a similar question on the Maxhp forums, but there isn't much traffic over there.

Interestingly enough, the Lindsey stuff came with no paper work that would even clear up this confusion.
Old 03-29-2008, 12:48 PM
philcav7
Racer

Originally Posted by 88BlueTSiQuest
I would of bought straight from Russel, but after a week of no email response, and the fact I needed these for the rest of the goodies I got, I just bit the bullet and ordered from Lindsey.
I read that A LOT about Russel. Not sure what the deal is, some say that his email filters send a lot to the spam box.

I don't have an answer for you but, exhaust setup (CAT or no CAT) is an option on Russel's site. When you ordered from Lindsey, did you specify in the order comments or send them an email regarding this?
Old 03-29-2008, 12:50 PM
88BlueTSiQuest
Pro

Originally Posted by philcav7
I read that A LOT about Russel. Not sure what the deal is, some say that his email filters send a lot to the spam box.

I don't have an answer for you but, exhaust setup (CAT or no CAT) is an option on Russel's site. When you ordered from Lindsey, did you specify in the order comments or send them an email regarding this?
Ordered over the phone, and forgot to ask the pertinent questions. I was actually more surprised that I was NOT asked those questions. Like I said, all of those options are available on Russel's site, but Lindsey's site left off those particulars.... I thought that maybe since they 'owned' that particular chip coding, that perhaps there's changes via the FQS switch, but without even an instruction sheet, I have no idea..
Old 03-29-2008, 04:50 PM
ratdog
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the recent slow response from russel is a known issue (moving)

the chips likely handle your setup

14-15psi on pump gas (higher octane better) but i'll bet you could go to 18psi w/o problem, though 16psi is prolly useful max for 26/6

talk to lindsey on monday, you'll be fine

get bigger injectors

you should already have a 3bar fpr (pretty sure max chips require it)

when you ordered from lindsey, did you use the website, talk to dave/mike or gal at the desk who basically uses the website to order for you? just curious

i don't know much about these cars but i'm sure someone here can help
Old 03-29-2008, 05:59 PM
88BlueTSiQuest
Pro

Originally Posted by ratdog

you should already have a 3bar fpr (pretty sure max chips require it)

when you ordered from lindsey, did you use the website, talk to dave/mike or gal at the desk who basically uses the website to order for you? just curious

i don't know much about these cars but i'm sure someone here can help
Yep, running a 3 bar.

Talked to the 'gal'..... I phoned it in due to having an order that was already being filled.
Old 03-30-2008, 12:26 AM
biggles
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hope this helps, but I also purchased my max chip for my '87 951 through Lindsey and initially the chip was very rich., which required a lot of cleaning up with the mafterburner. However, it ran well for me even at 20 - 21 PSI, because I could fine tune with the mafterburner. Unfortunately, I blew the head gasket last Saturday as a result of leanness in one of the maftrburner cells, so I do not think that bost pressure between 15 - 18 psi should be an isue.
biggles,

Quick Reply: Lindsey MaxHP Maf chip questions