Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

I am not an enthusiast, another one bites the dust

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 01:34 PM
Dan87951
Nordschleife Master

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by lart951
scary but true, the only two left will be PMS951's and the Scully dude in the Ohio wilderness.

Lart do you have ADD? LOL
Old 03-31-2008, 01:42 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 93 Likes on 55 Posts

lol, removed before the moderator pm box gets flooded with scully's reports. rolf.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:51 PM
Dan87951
Nordschleife Master

Hey, are you currently employed? are you still working for a law firm? as long as you don't collect food stamps is alright. But you can always work for me, I don't care if you are a skinny and redneck looking, I need laborers and you can always bring the GF with you, I need a maid.

http://dispatch.com/live/content/loc...3.html?sid=101

1 IN 10 OHIOANS
Food stamps double since '01
But price of food means they don't go as far now
Saturday, March 22, 2008 3:20 AM
By Catherine Candisky

THE COLUMBUS DISPATCH

Nearly one in 10 Ohioans now receives food stamps, the highest number in the state's history.

Caseloads have almost doubled just since 2001, with 1.1 million residents now collecting benefits, according to the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services.

Low wages, unemployment and the rising cost of groceries, gasoline and other necessities are to blame for financial hardships facing many Ohio families.

Caseloads have been rising steadily in the past seven years, said Brian Harter, spokesman for the state agency which oversees the food-stamp program.

"Look at unemployment during this time," he said.

Ohio's jobless rate is 5.3 percent, up from 4.4 percent in 2001.

"The economy and loss of manufacturing jobs are at the root of what's going on. But lately (it's) the rising cost of transportation and food -- people who were barely getting by, are not getting by," said Jack Frech, director of the Athens County Department of Job and Family Services.

"It has pressed folks to the edge to have to rely on food stamps."

Advocates estimate another 500,000 Ohioans are eligible but not enrolled in the food-stamp program.

Individuals in households with incomes up to 130 percent of the federal poverty level and with assets no greater than $2,000 in most cases are eligible for food stamps. That's earnings of no more than $22,880 a year for a family of three.

Recipients receive $100 a month. The federal government pays for the benefits while the state covers administrative costs.

But as the price of milk, fruits and other groceries climb, advocates say, recipients can buy less and less with that $100.

"Food stamps provide only about $1 per person, per meal. Who in the world is buying groceries with that?" asked Lisa Hamler-Fugitt, executive director of the Ohio Association of Second Harvest Food Bank.

On average, food stamps are now providing less than two weeks of groceries.

"There's the presumption that folks have the cash to make up the rest. Well, they don't," Frech said.

Not surprisingly, food pantries and soup kitchens across the state have been reporting record demands. Like the families they serve, they, too, cannot keep pace.

In central Ohio, demand at the Mid-Ohio Food Bank in January was up 14 percent over the same period a year ago, with 120,000 requests for food.

The increased demand coupled with rising food costs and fewer donations have forced the food bank to reduce the five-day supply of food it had been giving out to a three-day supply.

"Milk is up 25 percent," said Mid-Ohio president Matt Habash. "Applesauce, a big staple at food banks, has gone from $9 to $15 a case."

In other areas of the state, pantries with their supplies depleted have been forced to temporarily close.

"The shortages," Hamler-Fugitt said, "are a double whammy for people who have been relying on food stamps and pantries."

However I thought thats why you parted cars because the "booklet" (food stamps) wasn't enough?
Old 03-31-2008, 01:55 PM
Dan87951
Nordschleife Master

lol, removed before the moderator pm box gets flooded with scully's reports. rolf.
Have no idea what your talking about... But hey if it makes you feel better why don't you share with the class...?

God your a riot to mess with..
Old 03-31-2008, 01:56 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Dan87951
LOL take the ADD meds!!

However I thought thats why you parted cars because the "booklet" (food stamps) wasn't enough?
I do collect them anyway as well as welfare money, that's extra cash on my pocket, remember it's the american dream that we the illegals hope for, thanks for paying your taxes.
Old 03-31-2008, 07:17 PM
Got Me a Porsha
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do collect them anyway as well as welfare money, that's extra cash on my pocket, remember it's the american dream that we the illegals hope for, thanks for paying your taxes.
By the way,

If you ever need an electronics engineer, business graduate, mechanical engineer, or an attorney...me and the boys will be standing in front of the "Depot" about 6 am every Saturday...huddled around the fire barrel. Just wave and we'll hop in the back of your truck.

The accountant in our group always gets picked up first during tax season, and gets the best lunches. Damn him!
Old 04-01-2008, 02:31 AM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Got Me a Porsha
By the way,

If you ever need an electronics engineer, business graduate, mechanical engineer, or an attorney...me and the boys will be standing in front of the "Depot" about 6 am every Saturday...huddled around the fire barrel. Just wave and we'll hop in the back of your truck.

The accountant in our group always gets picked up first during tax season, and gets the best lunches. Damn him!
Sorry, I have my crew, anglos want too much money and work little, lol.

Anyway, this is the best way to fit a 951 in a 84 nissan pick up truck
Attached Images     
Old 04-01-2008, 09:59 AM
PorscheDude1
On the Radar
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

There is no room left for the oranges!
Old 04-02-2008, 12:56 AM
smac951
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow!! And no rust on that car either.
Old 04-02-2008, 01:35 AM
CarbonRevo
Drifting

Hmm...I won't be going to these extremes lart does. I will at least keep the shell in tact, so if anyone will want to buy it for a spec car. Then again, I doubt that would happen.

Mine will probably be crushed...
Old 04-02-2008, 01:41 AM
Darwantae951

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Hey carbonrevo, throw up a pic of the damage
Old 04-02-2008, 01:48 AM
CarbonRevo
Drifting

I'm not sure of the extent of the frame damage (very minimal), but the front braces are pretty much crushed (radiator support, as well as airbox support). The car is easily fixable, but when all said and done, I would have close to 25k invested including a full repaint (figuring about 10k to get it back to where it was).

Considering this is a 3L car with a rare hatch, that is in very good mechanical and general shape, it should part well with good value.
Attached Images         
Old 04-02-2008, 01:52 AM
Darwantae951

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

What happened?
Old 04-02-2008, 01:56 AM
CarbonRevo
Drifting

Here's a link to the thread on KCWS describing what happened...

http://www.kcws.org/index.php?showto...=0&#entry25778
Old 04-02-2008, 02:12 AM
potent951turbo
iPod Tamer
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CarbonRevo
I'm not sure of the extent of the frame damage (very minimal), but the front braces are pretty much crushed (radiator support, as well as airbox support). The car is easily fixable, but when all said and done, I would have close to 25k invested including a full repaint (figuring about 10k to get it back to where it was).

Considering this is a 3L car with a rare hatch, that is in very good mechanical and general shape, it should part well with good value.
You know its hard to say without seeing it in person, but that doesn't look like its unrepairable to me. Seems like it was a nice car that would be worth fixing.

Quick Reply: I am not an enthusiast, another one bites the dust