Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

sparatic boost

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 03:34 PM
DasBOOST
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sparatic boost

***so im tired of writing these posts. and im sure ur all tired of reading them,
***so when i drive my loves to boost to full .75 bar or the 11psi its supposed to be at. but only sometimes, there other 50% of the time my car wont push anything near past the atmosperic level. say .25bar. it just will not build boost no matter how hard i press on the gas at WOT.
***BUT.....if i turn off the car then start it again it will build full boost no prob.
***sometimes it will build full boost all day. sometimes it will build it 2 or 3 times then crap out on boost building when im trying to pass a big semi or something.
***what could it be. i just got new rod berrings and crank berrings done. so there motor is pretty refurbished.
***car and motor are completly stock. no exhaust(yet) no MAF, no chips. no nothing.
**my timed valve is no more than 4 months old.

**my guess is either a ****ty WG or my DME/KLR are crap.

PLEASEEE!!!
ANY help or ideas in the right direction would be great. this is just annoying the **** out of me now,
thanx guys
Old 03-24-2008, 08:15 AM
mikeyoman
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey DasBOOST,

Had exactly the same thing happen to me years ago. Tried everything, including the first thing everyone tells you - check the Throttle Postion Sensor/Switch.
I'm an Electronics Eng by trade so no problem testing it thoroughly, but no fault found.
A year later & much monitoring of the DME/KLR, I though what the hell, bought a new TPS and lo & behold no more boost cuts ! Couldn't measure any difference with a DVM between new one & my old one, but it worked so..

Try it first !

Quick Reply: sparatic boost