Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Where can i get iceshark battery cables???

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 05:11 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can get them here, next week. I know I've been a complete PITFA to get in touch with, but I've had a bad few months. I did just buy an exepensive crimp tool & I finally got ahold of a bunch of the fuses that Dan used in his kits & I have plenty of the other of Dan's stuff to finish a bunch more battery cable kits. I'm going to ressurect my original thread on Monday & let everyone know, as well as update the list (what's left) & prices, etc. You can PM me if you're ready as I plan to make a shipping run by mid next week. I've got several who have been trying to get them for a few months now & I'm hoping to get all of them taken care of, as well, before supplies run out.

You can build your own, but the supplies can be tough (& sometimes pricey, unless you buy bulk) to track down- S&H is a bitch, etc... Also, one needs good crimpers- the ones I bought retail for $500- I paid $215 off ebay, thanks to a fellow-Rennlister who directed me to them. Soldering alone is not good b/c it can melt. Also cable cutters (to keep the cable from being crushed), the lugs are priecy, the fuses are just under ~$30/ea & I had to buy 20 of them to get a better rate, etc. It's a lot of work for someone who does not do this kind of stuff. Anyway, I'll be back w/them next week....
Old 03-21-2008, 02:56 PM
Red1
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by vwvortex123
damn this is a serious install are there good results with this kit?
Of all the things I've done to this car (and I've done a lot), Dan's battery cable kit was some of the best-spent money.

Dan passed away in late '05. September-October timeframe.
Old 03-21-2008, 05:48 PM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, Dan passed away on September 23- might have been 22nd. The headlight kit was the best thing I've done to my car- have not installed my battery cable kit yet b/c the car's not been driveable for a long time- but I'm about to change that. :-) One big thing about the battery cables is the safety issue- the old ones were starting some car fires & this is why Dan did these. You'd probably get a noticeable dif from just putting new factory stuff in, but the heavier gauge, etc, is well worth it IMO.

Also, the install is not as bad as it looks- I've got some good instructions now that some other Rennlisters made up w/pics, etc, I can send... I can send pics of the stuff AND instructions via e-mail before-hand, if anyone is interested. I'm going to work now, so will answer all PM's about this later...
Old 03-21-2008, 08:29 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Just to comment on the install, i put the battery cables and headlight harness into my car today. Granted i had everything apart for a headgasket job..but it did not take me more than 2 hours to get everything hooked up. 1.5 hours was spent wrestling the old battery cables out from behind the bell housing. The new cables slid right in..and to my surprise routed themselves quiet nicely... .

The most annoying part about putting the cables in was working the new ones through the grommet (that goes through the firewall). I was to lazy to walk inside and get windex..so i was trying to work the cables through dry. 15 minutes of struggling netted me 6 inches of cable though the grommet. Finally gave up, got the windex, 2 seconds and i had the rest of the cable through. Goes to show laziness is a killer sometimes!

Quick Reply: Where can i get iceshark battery cables???