Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

EBC Install

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 04:41 PM
DrZ1
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default EBC Install

Finishing install on greddy e-01 EBC, I currently have LBE and Tial WG, If I run single port, would I use the same connection to the wastegate for the EBC that the LBE uses which is the side port, the port on the top is vented to atmosphere.

Also, I have everything hooked up except the hose to the WG which is pluged( temp) although unplugged made no difference in that the vaccum at idle is about 6-7 psi less then what my autometer boost gauge reads, car off both at 0. The instructions call for an oriface to be placed in the hose going to the pressure sensor. But I am reluctant to finish the install untill I feel that the readings from both sensors are equal. Otherwise I will over or under boost.

Thanks
Steve

Last edited by DrZ1; 02-16-2008 at 06:14 PM.
Old 02-17-2008, 06:14 AM
sawood12
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you run single port with an EBC? Aren't they intended to work with dual port wastegates?
Old 02-17-2008, 10:49 AM
reno808
Rennlist Member

If you have an EBC you want to use DUAL PORT more. Search on how to run the lines if you cant pm me i will give you info you need. sorry i am being a little lazy right now.
Old 02-17-2008, 09:06 PM
DrZ1
Burning Brakes

I used the diagram in this thread to install

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ghlight=greddy

I teed into the klr vac line in the engine bay and ran to glove box where pressure sensor and boost solenoid are, where I teed again to hook up both.

The EBC seems to work ok, exect set at 15 psi in manuel mode, I get some rattleing noise( repetitive clicking real fast) from solinoid sometimes (sounds similar to detonation), and it maxs at 13psi. Also I dont hear the clicking at idle from solenoid, like I used to w/ a profect A on 300zxTT.

I plan to call greddy and trouble shoot and program EBC. I dont understand setting the Gain, set boost, rpm offset ,and also need to see how to set up the autolearn mode.

Any thoughts,
Steve
Old 02-18-2008, 08:35 AM
kiyoskia

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but what product would you guys suggest using for electronic boost control?
Old 02-18-2008, 10:37 AM
jasonlp
Three Wheelin'

Depends on your wallet =D

I'm very happy with apex'i avcr, and if your lucky you can find the limited edition black one to match better or if going for stealthy install
Old 02-18-2008, 09:45 PM
reno808
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kiyoskia
I don't mean to hijack this thread, but what product would you guys suggest using for electronic boost control?
greddy
Old 02-19-2008, 07:58 AM
sawood12
Racer

I was put off the Greddy as I spoke to a few people who had them and they complained of it being a bit of a black art to set up - though once set up works perfectly fine and they are 100% satisfied with the results. I've gone for the Apexi and am just waiting for a break in the weather to install it (either very wet or very cold at the moment). It seems very simple to set up from the instructions and gives you several set-up modes depending upon how you want the boost to come in, which I believe is functionality the Greddy doesn't have. The self learn function seems to work well from people i've spoken to who have the Apexi and basically means you are up and running almost immediately.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:48 AM
DrZ1
Burning Brakes

""The self learn function seems to work well from people i've spoken to who have the Apexi and basically means you are up and running almost immediately.""

Greddy had this function in the Profect A that I in a 300zxTT. It was a simple install as far a programming went, not sure why they changed. I went w/ the e-o1 to datalog and be able to view my Innovate WBO2 numbers. The boost controller actually saved me money, as I bought it on ebay for around $300, I would have paid double for Innovates Aux box w/ datalogger and gauge. I hope to get around to programming it this weekend. If I get it to be a bit more responsive then the LBE I had, I will be satisfied.

Steve

Last edited by DrZ1; 02-19-2008 at 12:40 PM.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:44 AM
jasonlp
Three Wheelin'

I suggest searching apex'i install instructions on here as you won't find any help from apex unless they added my instructions to there books but even that still has a mistake.
Old 02-21-2008, 10:47 PM
DrZ1
Burning Brakes

Tuned the EBC( greddy e-01) the other nite, not to hard, it seems more responsive the LBE. I tis a bit noisy at set boost 15 psi. As I have the solenoid mounted in the glovebox, as they ask for location that is dry and cool. I will finish the Innovate install tomarrow interested in how it displays. Will post pics soon, hopefully with Tims blow thru MAF installed.

Steve

Quick Reply: EBC Install