Wideband Sensor

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 10:59 PM
DanR
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wideband Sensor

Hi Guys,

I have just bought a 951s as a track car and whilst I know its history as it has just had a new engine put in it I have been told by a couple of people to get a wideband sensor for it ( a zeitronics)

Now here is my issue!

I do not actually know what one does (I appologise for my ignorance) could someone please explain in simple english if my understanding is correct.

basically it installs a sensor into my exhaust which is welded in then is senses if the air to fuel mixture is correct or not. In operation I would look for any changes in the mixture reading, as this would indicate an issue

correct? (or miles off)

If this is somewhere close which model should I get and how easy is it to install?

thanks Dan

PS try not to flame me for not knowing!!!!!!! and no
Old 02-14-2008, 11:20 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Correct. Its essential to monitor the air fuel mixture, most importantly on modified cars to ensure proper tune. Proper tune ensures you dont blow a headgasket, burn a valve or melt a piston.

They are not overly difficult to install, though do require some wiring to be done and of course welding a bung onto the exhaust.

There are a few options available. Zeitronix, Innovate and AEM are popular choices. I am partial to the Innovate setup personally and many people on here use the Zeitronix. I guess it comes down to preference.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:22 PM
DanR
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

which model exactly would you reccomend?
Old 02-14-2008, 11:29 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

The Innovate XD-16 standalone setup is what i have. Its nice because it is modular, so you can over time add the data logging hardware inconjunction with the gauge.

The Zeitronix has these features also, but i dont know much about them.

Quick Reply: Wideband Sensor