Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 04:57 PM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

When I lost to an SRT-4, I was still on stock turbo, mildly modified.

Haven't lost a race since I upgraded turbo though.

Rogue
Old 02-09-2008, 05:00 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 93 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Rogue_Ant
When I lost to an SRT-4, I was still on stock turbo, mildly modified.

Haven't lost a race since I upgraded turbo though.

Rogue
Now, all you need to do is to remove some unnecesary weight, pop up lights, cruise control, rear wiper, ac system, carpets, radio, speakers, spare tire and tools and you will be able to run against 500hp cars no problem. Btw I don't trust e-85 in our cars, I rather use xylene even if it is more expensive the aromathics on the xylene keep the mixture very cool
Old 02-09-2008, 05:04 PM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well I'm not that crazy about saving weight. Spare tire and tools sure. But I would rather just make more power - (another) turbo upgrade planned when I get back home.

Rogue
Old 02-09-2008, 05:18 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Rogue_Ant
Well I'm not that crazy about saving weight. Spare tire and tools sure. But I would rather just make more power - (another) turbo upgrade planned when I get back home.

Rogue
In my grey 951 i deleted the pop up lights, just left the lids there and upgraded my fog light with the euro model, but you know me, my car was hardly driven at night and never driven in the rain or in extreme heat.

I am looking a few cars one of them is a 89 with vitesse stg II up North. Maybe it's time for me to get back in action. here is the pict of the 951 I am looking forward to buy.
Attached Images  
Old 02-09-2008, 06:27 PM
eniac
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Airflite40
all the comments in this thread are based on a computer simulated environment....ymmv
LOL I gotta save this in my sig, hope you don't mind It will save me some headache for any future simulated stories.
Old 02-09-2008, 06:31 PM
eniac
Drifting

Originally Posted by lart951
In my grey 951 i deleted the pop up lights, just left the lids there and upgraded my fog light with the euro model, but you know me, my car was hardly driven at night and never driven in the rain or in extreme heat.

I am looking a few cars one of them is a 89 with vitesse stg II up North. Maybe it's time for me to get back in action. here is the pict of the 951 I am looking forward to buy.
I'm about ready to pull my lights out as well. I have been driving on the stock fogs for 2 summers now. I was even pulled over once for another reason yet the officer said nothing about my lights. Driving at night in detroit, the highways are so lit up I hardly need any lights.

What did you do to get the headlight lids to stay closed after removing all the guts?
Old 02-09-2008, 07:05 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by eniac
I'm about ready to pull my lights out as well. I have been driving on the stock fogs for 2 summers now. I was even pulled over once for another reason yet the officer said nothing about my lights. Driving at night in detroit, the highways are so lit up I hardly need any lights.

What did you do to get the headlight lids to stay closed after removing all the guts?
I removed the motor, all the other hardware, the bulbs assembly and cut the frame that holds the lids and secure it with a zip ties to the front clip (drilled a hole for the zip tie to go through)nothing fancy but sure save lbs each pop up light assembly with the sealed beam weights 4.2 lbs that's 8.4lbs, the connecting rod with mounts is 2.1lbs, the motor is 2.11lbs, you save about 13lbs of weight up front.

I have a set of lights on ebay cheap, you can cut them out and just install it in your car won't waste any time.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MESE:IT&ih=014
Attached Images   
Old 02-09-2008, 07:12 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Here are some videos of my car at night with the pop up lights deleted and only euro fog lights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skTUBXianu4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0EmCtwOr0U
Old 02-09-2008, 07:31 PM
LFA951
Drifting

Originally Posted by BlacknRedGT
my friend has the SRT-4 with the stage 3 and he thinks my car is faster just by the feeling but Im sure he would win in a straight line
That's cause it's rear wheel drive and his is front, you feel the thrust better...
Old 02-09-2008, 09:06 PM
Darwantae951

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by 2bridges
you guys are a bunch of geniuses. Thanks for your contribution to our society and forum
Thanks for your off topic post in a thread that you obviously care nothing about.

My friend wants to race me in his SRT. All he has is a chip and exhaust. I don't know how I'd stack up to him tho.
Old 02-09-2008, 10:09 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by CarbonRevo
Lart- Yes. Have had to correct an RSX driver that my car was not like the turbo that had whooped his *** months prior, but an S2 that also whooped his ***.

Darwin- With those mods you have...I would say yes.

To me, even though say a 944 has 300whp, it seems like much more. They pull like damn freight trains. Not many cars these days are as fast with as little power.

I've riden in about a 330-350whp 951 with S2 gears...and wow. That was scary fast!

I've riden in about a 320whp Evo 8...and, mehh...1st gear was cool because you didn't spin, you took off. 2nd gear and on...not so exciting.
Cory, I completely understand your point, I personally have never raced a rsx, that will be an insult, maybe an nsx, damn also beat one of those lol. For a S2 driver life ends at 140mph, for a 951 driver life begins at 140mph but nevertheless two awesome cars.

I raced a Hunda Civic Si but I lost .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAtX0ZhasQA
Old 02-09-2008, 11:00 PM
DasBOOST
Advanced

bolloks to SRTs. its a damn neon

yea my cars stock. need new turbo..dammit

i ran outa room to go more than 120. stupid slow cars haha

it wasent a sour lose. i was right on his ***...but never the less losing is losing.

lart, was that SI boosted or no? cuz i raced my friend and raped him.

im buying a turbo now. then well see what that stupid neon can do then BAHAHAHAHA
Old 02-09-2008, 11:01 PM
DasBOOST
Advanced

oh and headlight deletes w just the fog lights is damn sexy. that might just get added to my oh so long list of stuff i want to do my car.

DAMN NEED MORE MONEY!
Old 02-10-2008, 10:42 AM
wolfenstein
Instructor

why porsche if you're not going to use it??? we have a kills section over on the benz forum
and we use it, some of you guys might as well own a yugo the way you talk
Old 02-10-2008, 11:13 AM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by wolfenstein
why porsche if you're not going to use it??? we have a kills section over on the benz forum
and we use it, some of you guys might as well own a yugo the way you talk
Because of the legal liabilities we only have simulator runs.

Quick Reply: Stupid Dodges...