Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

bragging rights

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 03:34 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so...ummm when did Lamborghini build a Pantera?
Old 02-04-2008, 04:05 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 93 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by ehall
so...ummm when did Lamborghini build a Pantera?
Dude, easy on the kid he is from Texas land of dubya
Attached Images  
Old 02-04-2008, 05:07 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts

lambo pantera...???
Old 02-04-2008, 05:11 PM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

99% of Porsches were not made for racing, they were made for driving.
And in an interesting turn of events – the racing versions were made for racing – not driving.
Driving a race car on the street is not real bright – look for the thread on the total 944 race car, and trying to race your street car can result in the same end.
The biggest difference between track driving and street driving? At a closed course event you can take a lot of variable out of the equation – you get to run a reconnaissance lap and take close look at the track surface. You know where all the safe run of areas are in case of emergency. The course is close to pedestrians, kids, grandmothers and most folks that are clueless drivers.
Not so for the street. Possible major fail with a lot of collateral damage.
BTW – if there are any folks that fancy themselves as pretty good rivers I always have an open right hand seat at track events. Free rides when the event allows. It might be an eye opener….
Old 02-04-2008, 05:19 PM
RPHARRIS
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I always have an open right hand seat at track events. Free rides when the event allows. It might be an eye opener….

Let me know if you plan to make it out to Infineon / Sears Point any time soon.
Old 02-04-2008, 05:37 PM
kevincnc
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Gator_86_951
This is referred to as a "status kill."
Dude don't try to take away from my awesome kill. What other car could squash a bug so bad that you can't even tell what kind of bug it was? Plus I have like 280WHP or something and I didn't even lose traction. Not many drivers have that kind of skill, seriously.
Old 02-04-2008, 06:22 PM
MM951
Race Director

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris White
BTW – if there are any folks that fancy themselves as pretty good rivers I always have an open right hand seat at track events. Free rides when the event allows. It might be an eye opener….
Not that I consider myself a pretty good driver.. but would be very interested in riding in the right seat some time.
Old 02-04-2008, 06:43 PM
lejams
Pro

A few years ago I killed what may have been a state record in Georgia, the largest Possum I have ever seen. Shot him right under the turbo. It took about 8-9 shots (with a pellet gun). You see, what I didn't realize was he had been eat'in out of the automatic dog feeder for about 8 mos. He was huge! This is the closest I have come to a kill anywhere near the 951.
Old 02-04-2008, 06:45 PM
special tool
Banned

Originally Posted by lejams
A few years ago I killed what may have been a state record in Georgia, the largest Possum I have ever seen. Shot him right under the turbo. It took about 8-9 shots (with a pellet gun). You see, what I didn't realize was he had been eat'in out of the automatic dog feeder for about 8 mos. He was huge! This is the closest I have come to a kill anywhere near the 951.
Lart will now ask you if you ate it, watch.
Old 02-04-2008, 06:47 PM
lejams
Pro

Originally Posted by special tool
Lart will now ask you if you ate it, watch.
Still in the freezer, bin sav'in it for company
Old 02-04-2008, 07:06 PM
Tms951
Pro

Last Augest I was drivng up to Maine in the rain. When I stopped about half way up there to get gas there was a frog stuck in in the grill. I had killed it. This is my only kill story on the street in this car, but I did all most run over a chipmunk once.

How ever kills on the drag stip are countless, both road race and drag strip. More notable are GT3s, 996 turbos, EVOs modded, STi modded, C6 ZO6, Any audi out there, S4s modded and RS6s are more notable. Basicly I run in the highest non instructer run group in PCA and Audi club. With PCA I have faster lap times than about 50% of cars in the group and can pull on about 66% of the on the straight. With Audi club there were only a couple cars with faster lap times.

Drag strip I have killed everything I have come up against, Special Tool came close once and that is about it. Click on my 1/4 mile link to see one of my better runs agaist The Tool.

For the record I have nothing against street racing that is not in traffic or around other cars, but I don't drive my car on the street much unless I am going to the track.
Old 02-04-2008, 07:19 PM
special tool
Banned

Originally Posted by Tms951
Last Augest I was drivng up to Maine in the rain. When I stopped about half way up there to get gas there was a frog stuck in in the grill. I had killed it. This is my only kill story on the street in this car, but I did all most run over a chipmunk once.

How ever kills on the drag stip are countless, both road race and drag strip. More notable are GT3s, 996 turbos, EVOs modded, STi modded, C6 ZO6, Any audi out there, S4s modded and RS6s are more notable. Basicly I run in the highest non instructer run group in PCA and Audi club. With PCA I have faster lap times than about 50% of cars in the group and can pull on about 66% of the on the straight.

Drag strip I have killed everything I have come up against, Special Tool came close once and that is about it. Click on my 1/4 mile link to see one of my better runs agaist The Tool.

For the record I have nothing against street racing that is not in traffic or around other cars, but I don't drive my car on the street much unless I am going to the track.

uuuuh dude.
"Came close"?

I beat you in et 1 out of 2 and killed you in trap both times.

You crossed the line first becasue even a retard could see I gave you a head start.

Let's not get carried away here, son.

And of course you cheated by having slicks even though we agreed on street tires.

Anyway - the next race is MY forte - a ROLL race.
You will see God.
Old 02-04-2008, 07:21 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts

Old 02-04-2008, 07:26 PM
RPHARRIS
Racer

And of course you cheated by having slicks even though we agreed on street tires.
I thought they were drag radials?

I beat you in et 1 out of 2 and killed you in trap both times.
who drove away with the faster timeslip?

You crossed the line first becasue even a retard could see I gave you a head start.
The clock doesn't start until you trip the lights...
Old 02-04-2008, 07:28 PM
RPHARRIS
Racer

You will see God.
i want to have your babies Mr. Tool!!!

Quick Reply: bragging rights