Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Front main seal anyone??

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 12:14 AM
addisons4
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Front main seal anyone??

anyone have a diagram or something to instal one?
and what tools do you need?
im going to put new belts on and i figured id fix an oil leak iv got coming from the front main seal. id just hate to get to it and find out i dont have the tools or do it without knowing 100% what to do.
im going to have some help but i still need some step by step papers by my side for sure lol
Old 01-31-2008, 02:21 AM
OZ951
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Clarkes garage describes the procedure here. http://www.clarks-garage.com/shop-manual/lube-08.htm
Old 01-31-2008, 10:46 AM
bscpanther
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

don't worry. Nobody knows exactly what their doing until they do it on these cars, that's half the fun right. The task is pretty straight forward. Clarks Garage is a pretty good right up, then if you run into trouble You can always post it up here. Make sure you have the timing belt tools to remove and install the rollers and also put tension on the belt. Also don't forget to buy the oil pump drive gear, as clarks points out they wear a wicked grove and will be prone to leaking. Good Luck.
Old 01-31-2008, 12:23 PM
mtnman82
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Yup, Clarks Garage write up, new oil pump drive gear w/new seal, and post here if you have any problems along the way. I'd personally do the balance shaft seals too, while you're in there. And then the oil cooler is just right around the corner and a clear shot while you have everything else off ...

Quick Reply: Front main seal anyone??