Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Alusil - bore & hone

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 07:59 PM
lejams
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alusil - bore & hone

Where is the closest shop to Atlanta anyone can recommend to do Alusil? - RIGHT the first time!
Old 01-28-2008, 08:02 PM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe John (VR) can help on this one if anyone is close.
Old 01-29-2008, 08:40 PM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jim, call over or email John to see if he can help you out. If not, build you a nice crate, make it able to be picked up by a forklift. Put "MACHINED AUTO PARTS - FRAGILE" all over it and ship it ( freight) to
Duffin Engine Service in San Antonio. Give them a call, talk to Russell, ship the pistons seperate and give the tolerance and work list for the block. Prepay freight back to you as well.

We've used them, let's see, about 8-9 times for our own work and others - great work. That said, you should be able to find someone closer and hopefully in your own backyard. If not, they know what to do.

Old 01-29-2008, 09:16 PM
lejams
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ski Thanks, I've been talking with Eagle Machine just outside Atlanta. They have a good reputation, in fact my Tech has used them for years. When I posted this, I was under the impression that they didn't do Alusil. In fact they do and have been since 1990 when they started doing Vega engines and since then 944's as well. I still want to check them out further - references.

If I don't get it done locally, I know I can ship it to others. Before I spoke with Eagle, I was about to do a search on who you had used. I know you have been happy with them. P.D. is another one, and I've heard some good things about Pat Williams.

I want to make sure that whoever does it knows what the hell they are doing. Some people claim they know how to do alusil, but actually they cannot.

Quick Reply: Alusil - bore & hone