Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

New Eagles Canyon Raceway

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 01:18 PM
gjoey66
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Eagles Canyon Raceway

Anyone experience this yet...formula 1 magazine just named the designer the best driving instructor around...I'm hearing that even in these frigid temps the surface is amazing...i'm dieing to get some time on it...

I have a race in Oct there, but need some seat time before that...I refuse to attend the PCA events because in our area...youngsters like me (30) get treated like young punks. I hear drivers edge is doing an event there in april but it's still not on their site.

if any of you have tips on the driving line from experience i'd love to hear...i guess the overhead shots are not indicative due to the camber and elevation changes in the track.
Old 01-17-2008, 02:06 PM
phlip
Racer

Look on, and search, the racing forum, a lot of people have posted vids of the PCA DE that ran there back in november. I'm planning on being at the NASA race there in october. Lots of racing to do before then though. I'm going to be at MSR Cresson in march, then TWS in april and again in august.

Hey, only took me a little over 5 years to get 100 posts
Old 01-17-2008, 02:26 PM
gjoey66
Instructor

phlip...what are you driving...i should be at all of those races as well...actually i'm hoping my car is ready for the Houston opener Feb 9...

I had a blast last season and i'm hoping we grow even more this season...it's be nice to have fields of 30 cars...especially another 951.
Old 01-17-2008, 03:25 PM
phlip
Racer

I drive a black 944T in GTS-5. Were you at TWS last april? Thats the last time I was at the track. I had car issues that weekend, missed the next race, then multiple forces conspired to keep me away the rest of the year. This year I'm going to race every chance I get. Would like to go to the Nationals in september but it may be a tough sell to my little pit viper ( wife). What does your car look like? I'll look for you. What part of the state are you in? I work in Addison, right next to Dallas.
Old 01-17-2008, 03:55 PM
gjoey66
Instructor

I'm in Fort Worth...drive a red 951...it's #44...I was definitly there...race in GTS3. Wait, do you remember a guy who sheared a pinch bolt on my strut...i was asking around for one...did you have that monster black one...with lexan rear hatch...I got a lexan hatch shortly after...so you planning on being in houston
Old 01-17-2008, 04:34 PM
phlip
Racer

I remember you, you asked if I had a bolt. I didn't, but you got it fixed.
Ya, monster black one thats me. I wont be ready in time for Houston, but after that the future is wide open. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you get ready, any parts you need I have sitting around I'll be glad to donate to the cause. I have shop facilities at my disposal too and I'm here most weekends
if you need to use a lift or something.

Quick Reply: New Eagles Canyon Raceway