Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

General injectors and duty cycle question

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 09:49 PM
86951Turbo
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Fuel requirements dictate fuel injector needs, not hp."

Define Fuel Requirements. it's quite vague. octane? weather? elevation? shape of engine? compressor sizing? 300 rwhp on 400cc injectors. sure it works, but that's with higher fuel pressure i'm sure, and longer injector duty cycle. if you size your injectors correctly from the start you can keep your fuel pressures down to a range where you're not overly working the injectors and pump. higher fuel pressures can cause fuel system components failers.....like stuck injectors. also affecting spray patterns etc etc.

i don't think the majority of people on this board runs higher than 93octane. weather is a variable corrected with an iat by the engine managment. and a barometer for elevation. this is all engine management. AFM + ignition timing via KLR controls knock....all tuning.

the original question is injector sizing relative to boost levels. i dont think that is a correct pairing to pick injectors. what turbo, how old, engine leakdown/compression, vac leaks etc etc.....variables.

the "ballpark" is the best start. pick your injectors by your target whp. the variables are corrected by correct tuning. The forumla HP(BSFC) / cyl(duty cycle) has been used for quite some time.

are we saying the same thing

Quick Reply: General injectors and duty cycle question