Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Forge has done away with Diaphragm Diverter valves...

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 10:33 PM
IPSC
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Forge has done away with Diaphragm Diverter valves...

Well after much reading I decided I needed a Forge Diverter valve. So I ordered what I believed was the correct Diaphragm model and it showed up the piston model.

I called em up to ask about this and it was explained to me that they have COMPLETELY discontinued the diaphragm version as the diaphragms simply were not holding up. The did say that they are going to stock replacement diaphragms for about another year. So if ya got one of these ya might wanna grab a few extras.

I decided to respring my 993 billet valve with the 15 to 23 PSI spring from the extra kit I ordered. I also coated the internals with red high temp grease as that is the way the Forge unit came. Seems to be working fine.

A small point of interest. The piston in my 993 Billet valve, is the EXACT same piston in the Forge valve. I measured just to be sure.

So this all leads me back to Which way is best to orient the valve? Piston facing the boost pressure or Piston facing the vacum of the turbo....

Hummmm the things that make ya go hummmmm.

IPSC
Old 12-17-2007, 11:06 PM
76 911s
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Piston facing the vacumm of the turbo. You'll always leak a bit if you face the piston to the pressure regardless of the spring you have.

Quick Reply: Forge has done away with Diaphragm Diverter valves...