Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Front Fender Removal ??

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007 | 07:45 PM
Depape
Racer

Default Front Fender Removal ??

Hey guys,
I've had a pretty major dent in my drivers side fender for a while now, and I'm finally replacing it.

I took a quick look but can't seem to figure out how to remove the bolts where the fender meets the door.

I opened the door and checked in the obvious space where other cars have had the bolts but I couldn't see them.
Then I took out the "plastic" gaurd in the wheel wells and saw no holes or bolts where they were supposed to be. (used the replacment panel as a ref. )

Anyone know the easiest way to get to the bolts neer the door? ( I can take some pictures wed., becuause it almost looks like there's a sealent over the inside of the fender bolts in the wheel well !@#*&#@!*@???? )

Thanks in advanced

-Pieter
Old 12-17-2007 | 07:53 PM
Brantley
Addict
Rennlist Member

yes, there is a rubber sealant over the bolts (3 of them). I used a razor to cut the sealant away so that I could get my wrench on them. This worked okay, but it was a PITA.
Old 12-17-2007 | 07:58 PM
potent951turbo
iPod Tamer
Rennlist Member

+1, a razor blade or flat screwdriver will cut away at the rubberized undercoating to reveal the bolts. You can usually feel where they are and slightly see them through the sealant.
Old 12-17-2007 | 08:08 PM
MPD47
The Carnage King
Rennlist Member

Wire wheel or just hammer the socket on. They are there, just a bit tough to find, there are 3.
Old 12-17-2007 | 09:00 PM
Van
Rennlist Member

The easiest way to do it is to put your socket on a long extension - then heat up the socket with a propane torch (it doesn't have to be TOO hot). Now you can just push the hot socket through the rubber goo and onto the head of the bolt!
Old 12-17-2007 | 09:30 PM
Depape
Racer

Ok, Thanks guys.
That's kinda what I thought, just didnt want to go tearing through random rubberized sealent.
Looks like it'll be a PITA

Thanks again

-Pieter
Old 12-17-2007 | 09:32 PM
Depape
Racer

Originally Posted by potent951turbo86
+1, a razor blade or flat screwdriver will cut away at the rubberized undercoating to reveal the bolts. You can usually feel where they are and slightly see them through the sealant.

I'm just now putting that fender I bought from you on ...

Quick Reply: Front Fender Removal ??