Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Need help with boost gauge wiring

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 05:24 PM
alpha951
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with boost gauge wiring

I'm installing autometer boost gauge. I tried to wire it off the astray light but it only turns on when the headlights are on. Can I wire it off the dme plug connection at pin 35/18 or pin 4? I'm open to any alternatives. Wiring is not my thing. Install tial wastegate, mbc, and new vacuum lines was a piece of cake compare to this! FYI, I did searched all archives on this issue but nothing really helped me.
Old 11-21-2007, 05:34 PM
kevincnc
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a diagnostic plug by the DME that is easy to get power from, but why do you want it to light up when your lights aren't on? The gauge itself uses a vac line, right?
Old 11-21-2007, 07:50 PM
Keithr726
Nordschleife Master

Mine along with the wideband gauge and sensor is wired to the fuse for heated seats.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:07 PM
philcav7
Racer

The radio is a easy source of switched power to use.
Old 11-22-2007, 03:19 PM
alpha951
Track Day

Thank you guys for your help. I appreciate it! Happy Thanksgiving!

Originally Posted by kevincnc
There is a diagnostic plug by the DME that is easy to get power from, but why do you want it to light up when your lights aren't on? The gauge itself uses a vac line, right?
Yes, I have it t'ed off the klr vacuum line. It's an electric boost gauge. It doesn't give any readings until the headlights are turned on. Kinda weird!

Originally Posted by Keithr726
Mine along with the wideband gauge and sensor is wired to the fuse for heated seats.
Sadly, I don't have heated seats, but I have power seat on the driver's side so you just gave me an idea!
Old 11-22-2007, 03:31 PM
reno808
Rennlist Member

Dude look this is what you should do. You do not want to tap into the DME harness unless you have to oooo.

*make sure you put the heat shrink over the soder or you can short, drain the bat, or worse burn down your car. Seen it happen many times before.

1. the power (RED) you want to soder with the power from the radio because that only turns on when you turn the ign well its the easiest to find and there should be enough slack. In order for you to know for sure is by useing a voltmeter or a tester with the little light bulb sorry forgot the name.

2. The ground soder to the radio or you can be lazy and take one of those little connectors thats look like a "U" and place it under a bolt but first make sure you have a good ground test before hand

Quick Reply: Need help with boost gauge wiring