944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Dyno Results Seattle951

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007 | 10:35 PM
seattle951
Pro

I am not sure if the car is under performing. It was pulling 310 RWHP at 14/15 lbs boost, with no external intercooler cooling on a Mustang Dyno. Based on what others have said, the same car on a DynoJet would have done 340 RWHP. I could also turn up the boost. 14/15 PSI is not that much. If I were to increase the boost to 21 PSI, run race gas, ice the intercooler and test it on a DynoJet, the car would probably be making about 425 RWHP.

However, with the 6-spead and its close gear ratios I am not sure if the extra power would be a plus. At 300 RWHP powerband and gears seem to be a good match. When the hp increases beyond this level I cannot shift it fast enough. By mistake, I did have the boost up to 21 psi for a few minutes (daughter decided to play with the manual boost controller.) I have also already fixed one intake leak and will be replacing the idle stabalizer value (whistling).

At this point I am looking for a perfectly balanced car that runs on pump gas and will last for 100,000 miles before the next rebuild. I would like it to be reliable enough to be used as a daily driver (actually will always be a weekend toy.) I am getting close, but there still are a few challenges to conquer. At the last DE day the only thing that was preventing me from going faster was the brakes. The next upgrade will be a set of 993 brakes for the front.
Old 11-06-2007 | 10:57 PM
JE_951
Pro

wow looks like I will be attending also this saturday! Cmon seattle guys, come out for a larger 944 showing this weekend!

BTW: not going to hijack, but I am trying to set-up a dyno day in the next few weeks at carbconn and we already have a few 944's and other cars wanting to go so if any of you guys want to dyno then PM me and Ill keep you updated.

seattle951: look like good numbers to me. It will be interesting to see what kind of power it puts out at higher boost levels. maybe you should come out to our dyno session and see

Quick Reply: Dyno Results Seattle951