Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Recaro Speed vs. hard back shells for dual use

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 03:03 PM
Jim_K
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Recaro Speed vs. hard back shells for dual use

I am considering either a set of Recaro Speeds or a hard back shell for my dual use 968. (6-8 DE's per year, but not an everyday driver).

Does anyone have a set of Speeds out there in a DE car that can give any feedback?

How about any Recaro Pole Position / Cobra Imola owners?

Thanks.

JIm
Old 10-29-2007, 03:20 PM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

If you don't need to access the rear seats fixed seats are a great way to go. Ligther and stiffer than reclining ones. As for comfort if you use side mounts you can angle the entire seat slightly. I will say that each seat is different and you really need to sit in the kind of fixed seat you want to use. Not every seat works with every person. I love my Sparco Pro2000, but hated the few Momos I sat in. The MOMOs were just not shaped right to be comfortable for me.

Most fixed seats will be rather narrow too, but on track you want to fit tightly in the seat. The less you move the better you can feel the car move.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:35 PM
eniac
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since my car has a lot of street use as well, I opted for Cobra Misanos...and I do love these seats. For being a reclining seat they are suprisingly solid. I was also able to adapt these so I could retain the stock brackets.

Old 10-29-2007, 03:46 PM
DDP
Rocket Scientist
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How stiff is your suspension? I've got 350# front and 550# rear springs (no t bars) and I run Recaro SRDs. I daily my car but, I'm not sure how many longer distant runs I'd like to make in it if it had a fixed back seat (which makes you feel the suspension much more).

Quick Reply: Recaro Speed vs. hard back shells for dual use