Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Short shift lever and linkage

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 03:03 PM
Cory9584
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Short shift lever and linkage

I have a lindsey short shift lever on my car and dont feel like it made much if any difference, the quality is alot better and i can use different ***** which is nice, but the throws are still kinda far. I was thinking of buying a short shift linkage as well now and see what that gets me. Anybody running like that and want to comment?
Old 10-24-2007, 03:45 PM
Burma Shave
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cory9584
I have a lindsey short shift lever on my car and dont feel like it made much if any difference, the quality is alot better and i can use different ***** which is nice, but the throws are still kinda far. I was thinking of buying a short shift linkage as well now and see what that gets me. Anybody running like that and want to comment?
I have a s.s. linkage on my car, can't remember the brand, but I bought it here in a group buy a couple years ago. Made a huge difference. Its a little notchy but definitely shorter throws and an improvement in feel over stock/worn sloppiness. It might have been 944Racing or something like that and I don't think its available anymore but similar ones are. I think it was a copy of weltmeister's linkage.
Old 10-24-2007, 03:47 PM
pk951
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe this will help
http://forums.rennlist.com:80/rennfo...linkage+repair
Old 10-24-2007, 03:52 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cory9584
I can only comment on the one I had which was a Weltmeister, which is sold by Performance Products - I think? There was a huge difference between that and the stock one. I loved it and am going to get another one in the future.

Performance Products Short Shifter
Old 10-24-2007, 03:59 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Ive got the 944Racing linkage aswell, love it. Over 30k miles on it and it still feels great. It is more notchy than the stock setup, but either i got used to it or its 'broken in' a little. The throws now i would say are on par with a normal gear box now . Schnell makes what looks to be the same exact linkage now, they are sold by a few different vendors.. Paragon, Vertex, 9xAuto and a couple other places. Also on eBay all the time.

Im pretty sure the Weltmeister is adjustable, from what i read a couple years ago when i was shopping around was that the Weltmeister set to fully short is comparable to the 944Racing one. Autothority used to make a adjustable one also, but unfortunetley i think they stopped carrying it.

Quick Reply: Short shift lever and linkage