Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wastegate Shims Install

Any how to pics...instructions
Old 10-13-2007, 12:05 PM
bscpanther
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I don't have any pics but it's really simple if you can visualize what I'm saying. First you have to take out your wastegate. I strongly recommend replacing any bolts that you touch since they will be pretty well rusted on if you've never touched them before. Remove the four bolts that go from WG and dumbs into your main exhaust. Then remove the three bolt flange connected to your crossover pipe. After that IIRC it's just the two allen bolts to detach the WG from it's brace and a little manipulation of some smaller pipes...BUT before you go yanking down on her you have to disconnect the hose clamp which connects a hose to the top of the WG.
Maybe you just wanted to know about the shims?? well I already wrote all that but here's the really easy part that I didn't know. IIRC the cast body and the metal dome halves of the WG are secured by allen bolts, once you take those out the WG can be carefully pulled apart enough to slide in the shim. Just make sure you don't rotate the top of the WG or pull too hard because you will damage the fragile diapram inside the top of the dome. Sorry I pictured this coming out more clearly.

Quick Reply: Wastegate Shims Install