Old 10-26-2007, 03:53 PM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by samluke
Thanks Karl, for the lead on trim. My plan is to use the GT Racing panel glued in, and then re-trim the roof, without the foam etc. That's my next Project.

That way I should reduce weight considerably, and end up with a fully trimmed interior with additional headroom. I wanted to trim in Burgundy, but black will probably have to do.

PS sounds like the white #2 car may not be deceased after all. Its back at Clarks!!!
Lol, I had a hunch John would spend the winter rebuilding that thing
Old 11-12-2007, 06:44 PM
samluke
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I comptleted my sunroof delete. I found a relatively light and relatively affordable fiberglass sunroof off Ebay.

I removed all the sunroof equipment, and the old rooflining, and rubber blocks etc. I removed 35lbs of stuff.

I painted the panel to match the car, and bonded it in. I glued in new roof lining.
It was a lot of work putting in the new roof lining. It would have been a lot easier just to bond in a CF panel, but its a job you only do once.

The roof panel was a little heavier than the GT Racing one at 5lb, but I still saved almost 30lbs.

I now have an Alpine white sunroof with perfect Burgundy trim, plus the burgundy panels etc for sale if anyone need anything.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:06 PM
TonyG
Rennlist Junkie Forever

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know this is late, but I've got an extra fiberglass sunroof panel (gt racing) that I was going to advertise, but never got around to it.

If you still need it let me know.

TonyG

Quick Reply: Wanted Lightweight Sunroof Panel