sin01bst
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bump to the top
Old 10-02-2007 | 06:59 AM
sawood12
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My MBC is also mounted in the engine bay and has been there for the last 3 yrs and as I said in my earlier post i've suffered no noticable probs at all and achieve consistent boost in all gears, so I don't think there is any problem with the MBC as such. I do bleed boost from a max of 1.05 bar at around 3500 rpm to about 0.8 bar boost at red line but the bleed off is a nice linear line. I've put this down to the K26/6 not being able to flow enough air to maintian boost pressure, but i've also heard that the MBC can bleed boost too so it is probably a combination of the two.

Don't forget it is the DPW that is your boost control component and not the MBC - the MBC is only a pressure valve.

I know of plenty of other people with exactly the same set up as me running upto 1.2 bar boost with none of the adverse boost effects described here so the MBC does work.

The black **** does feel loose as it is spring loaded so you need to pull it up to adjust, so when you are not adjusting the plastic **** does feel loose and rattles.

My next mod is an EBC so i'll be able to do a back to back.

Quick Reply: MBC and new Vac line it runs but two problems