Noisy, clunky suspention.

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007 | 12:23 AM
blackburn
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noisy, clunky suspention.

Hey,
My car is driving me crazy with all the rattles and the suspention clunks.
So here is what I have.
Upgraded rear torsion bars (can't remember what size) bigger rear sway bar, adjustable koni's, hard torsion mount, urathane bushings.
Front.
Strut bar, monoball camber plates, koni yellow coilovers, bigger sway bar, rebuilt ball joints+ A arms, urathane bushings.

So the left side of the car feels pretty solid, but the right side both the front and the back clunk when I go over a bump. I have had it all apart a few times to find the problem, but can't find anything wrong.
The first time I had it apart, I found that the PO didn't tighten the coil over adjuster and it had bottomed out making the passenger side very low.
Could this have messed up the shock?
All the bushings look ok, but should I replace them anyway?
Any other ideas???
I have gotten rid of 75% of the rattes but this has me stumped.
Also, I have a rattle @ 1100 and 2200 rpm. Sounds like a heat shield, very metalic vibration, but when I am down there it seems to came from the torque tube??? Nothing with the exhaust, but I cna't find it.
Thanks for any advise,
Dave
Old 09-11-2007 | 12:30 AM
mortymower
Rennlist Member

don't know about suspension, but the two heat shields that have given me problems are the one over the starter and the one over the cat (this one being much worse). check all the nuts/bolts to make sure they are tight on them
Old 09-11-2007 | 01:48 AM
blackburn
Track Day

Thanks,
Its not a heat shield. I have spent more time under there than I care to remember. It sounds like it is the torque tube itself???

Quick Reply: Noisy, clunky suspention.