944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Another Wide Band O2 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007 | 03:18 PM
Trucho-951
Pro

My two cents. I have a Zt-2 with no display. I use exclusively for datalogging. I do my tunning while sitting at home with the laptop, reading/analyzing the datalogs and graphics, while enjoying a nice cup of coffee. In the past year and half of owning the wideband, I can't say that I have had the need or urge to go out and buy the gauge. I find that reading the AFR, boost, an EGT values are too distracting while zooming around test driving. BTW, I have found that it all makes a lot more sence at home, especially as I play back the SMT-6 datalogs side by side with the ZT-2 datalogs. I like the ZT-2 software, although, it could use some improvements.
Old 09-04-2007 | 07:06 PM
Charlie944
Rennlist Member

The Innovate XD-1 can datalog realtime to a laptop without the LMA-3 but all that will display is AFR. You will not have any other reference points to go by such as rpm and load (kPA/boost).

I have one of the outputs on the LC-1 wired in for the O2 reading on my TEC2 EMS that way I can datalog with wideband O2 readings along with the necessary rpm and load points.
Old 09-04-2007 | 08:36 PM
Portly
Instructor

One additional (and VERY important) point regarding the Innovate products: They are one of the few (possibly the only) companies which include a calibration routine into their product.

All sensors will "drift" with time and use. If your Wideband does not include a calibration feature, over time the data will be less and less accurate. This can lead to some potentially bad situations. (If your gauge reads 12:1 but you're actually at 13:1.... this could lead to some expensive problems.)

_Jeff
Old 09-04-2007 | 08:38 PM
Rick
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

I've got an Innovate gauge (XD-16) that I hope to get installed one of these days (I say that too often) - I'd like to figure out a way to tie it to my AIM data acq system. It looks like it's possible but going to take some tinkering to get the values correct.
Old 09-06-2007 | 10:19 PM
dand86951
Burning Brakes

I have the AEM and have the output going to my TEC3 for datalogging. The AEM will IIRC also output to a 232 serial port but I am not sure what software you need to data log. It works well and I like the numerical as well as the led display.

Quick Reply: Another Wide Band O2 Thread