Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

boost controller not controlling???

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 02:20 PM
Depape
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default boost controller not controlling???

hey guys,
I installed a tial wg and mbc about 1 month ago.

I've had the boost turned down all the way (so its just running off the wg spring) my boost gauge reads 11-12psi.

sooo heres the problem, even when I turn the BC all the way up , it still reads 12ish psi. I might of hooked it up wrong (which i doubt because ive checked and double checked).

I was wondering if maybe the boost is going up and the gauge is just reading after the boost controller, and just showing what the wg is doing. could this possible??

I have the boost gauge hooked up right near the KLR and the BC is running in a dual port mode.

I dont have anywhere to work on the car around my apt. and a mech. eng. major dosnt give you much time to go anywhere. So I havnt been able to play around with the car and wont be able to work on it for another couple of weeks... I was just brain storming and seeing if this could be the problem.

-Pieter
Old 09-02-2007, 11:42 PM
Depape
Racer

anyone have any thoughts???
Old 09-02-2007, 11:44 PM
hp18racer
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Most other failure modes I've seen (pinched line, plumbed backward, leak in the diaphragm) cause it to not control boost at all. Disconnect or a big leak on the low pressure side will do what you describe.

Every MBC I've tried, it was possible to spin the **** without changing the regulator setting inside. Have you taken the **** out and confirmed by blowing through it that you get some resistance as you turn the ****?
Old 09-03-2007, 11:12 AM
Depape
Racer

I know the first time I installed it my boost was going WAYYYY up... took it apart and some little bolt was stuck and wasnt allowing it to open. I blew in it back then and everything seemed to work alright... could be broke... ill have to check it out in the next few weeks.

Im almost 100% sure i didnt plumb anything wrong... i can double check.
one thing im not to sure about is what end do i plug where into the bc.

when you open the bc you have 3 plugs that lead to an "open" chamber. and then one plug that leads to the diaphram part. what hose goes where? where does the hose from the top of the WG go and where does tht one from the side of the WG go????

Thanks
Old 09-03-2007, 01:34 PM
sin01bst
Instructor

i was also 100% sure that i had mine installed correctly. i had to take it back out and adjust it to where i could not blow through it. that way i knew which way to go with it when it was installed back in the car.

Quick Reply: boost controller not controlling???