Old 08-22-2007, 02:55 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Vitesse Stealth MAF - SALE

I have a limited number of stealth MAF that will go on sale starting 9/17 through 9/22.

You get the Stealth adapter, hoses and the same MAF sensor as the std MAF kit, plus the latest Vitesse MAF software on a chip/board for $1095.
* This is a plug-and-go setup, no tuning required. We have sold many stealth systems with happy customers all over the world, they are welcome to jump in and share their experience.
* The MAF will support flow for over 700hp, this is not a system that you will max out when you turn up the boost. If you ever decide to convert to std MAF kit, just add the J-pipe.
* The software supports larger injectors as much as 85#. Semi-batch feature offers great idle and crisp response, dual maps (pump or race), dual Rev Limits are standard in the MAF software. Get a smooth running car with solid AFR under boost.
* No PiggyBack is needed.

Note: We noticed the stock injectors hitting 100% duty cycle with the MAF. You should upgrade the injectors when upgrading to the MAF.

I have a few adapters left (therefore a few stealth kits), first come first serve. See picture below for how the Stealth MAF looks on your 951.

Edit: Some of you wanted to know if the units can be purchased today. Of course yes, however I am unable to ship for a couple of weeks as I have to get the products already paid for out first.

For those of you that are interested in a more detailed view of the Vitesse MAF kit, read on!

The Factory DME uses the VAF (or AFM) signal to calculate Load, Ignition and Fuel. The VAF same as the MAF generates a 0-5Vdc however this is were the commonality ends.

General advantages of MAF vs. AFM:
- The MAF has no mechanical moving devices like the AFM
- MAF is much less restrictive than AFM.
- Stock AFM does not support hi-flow (kg/hr), once you reach a certain HP level, you max out the stock AFM. (You get max voltage). I believe the stock AFM is something like 800-1000kg/hr (or close to it, I'll have to dig up my notes). A well-calibrated MAF can support 1000+hp.
- For more detailed comparison of VAF vs. MAF you can find many articles on the web, so I will not go into too much details.
- For a stock 951 engine with a K26, the MAF gives you better response quicker spool (wider area under the power curve). Don't expect huge peak numbers gain over a chip. Once you start modifying your car the gains will be clear. (Ex. the 3.2L 951 in the UK gained something like 60rwhp by switching to our MAF)...

Key features of the Vitesse MAF kit:
The Hardware:
- The Vitesse MAF kit comes complete with the MAF sensor, software on a chip/board and all associated items (hoses, clamps, air filter.)
- We use a custom calibrated MAF that can support lots of flow (measured in Kg/Hr) - Our MAF flows well over 2200 kg/hr -
(FYI - 500kg/hr is approx 160hp, 1000kg/hr approx 320hp, 2000kg/hr approx 720hp)
- The MAF sensor we selected can support in excess of 700hp. As a customer, using our MAF means when you increase your engine’s performance or upgrade the K26 to a larger turbo you can still use our system. A MAF that flows low kg/hr will be maxed out (same as the AFM) and becomes useless for your performance application.
- The MAF we use is very accurate, clean signal, reliable and very consistent between one sensor to the next. This translates into consistent engine performance and great drivability.
- Our MAF can be used in front or after the turbo, as a draw through or blow through system.
- We use a chip/board vs. a chip. This allows us to provide multiple images, when needed, (a image is the content of a chip) in a single device. Assume you have a 2.5L engine, but you plan to upgrade to a 3L in the future. You get 2 images on the chip/board one for 2.5L the other for 3L; select the one you want via a switch on the board.

The Software:
- The air mass is directly measured by the MAF, which is then interpreted correctly by the custom Vitesse MAF software in the DME. The factory AFM software does not understand Mass Air.
- Our MAF kit does not rely on external devices to convert the MAF signal to look like an AFM signal to be understood by the DME.
By using Air Mass in the software, we are no longer bound to the limits of the AFM and the original AFM software (which has many limitations as it was designed to work with the limited and restrictive AFM sensor).
- By dealing directly with Air Mass (directly with MAF signal), you can alter boost, temp changes etc and your AFR will stay rock solid. With our software the DME always gets the accurate information (MAF signal), it interprets it correctly and uses a correct unaltered signal for the calculation. Keep in mind, we are not mapping the MAF signal to look like an AFM signal, our software understands and works with unaltered MAF signal. When you use a hi-flowing MAF and try to map it to look like a low-flowing AFM signal, many compromises and short cuts must be taken. We don't convert the MAF signal to look like AFM signal; we interpret it correctly as Air Mass in the DME.
- Our software enables you to run large injectors (such as 85#) with clean idle. When using large injectors, at idle, you must reduce injector’s duty cycle to a low level where the injectors are no longer stable. In order to raise the duty cycle to where injector flow is stable, we run in semi-batch mode.
Normal batch injection with the stock DME software fires all injectors twice per cycle. Semi-batch fires the injectors once per cycle for twice as long allowing large injectors time to flow properly in low flow conditions such as idle and cruise. The Vitesse DME software automatically switches between the batch and semi-batch operation as necessary while the engine is running
- Our software allows you to select between 2 maps (say for pump gas or race gas). We also offer you 2 Rev Limits. All externally selectable on the fly.
- Our software supports various types of MAF sensors with various calibrations. If you have a XYZ MAF sensor, you know its calibration, let us know and we can provide you the same software we use n our kit but with the specifics for your MAF.

The PiggyBack:
The Vitesse MAF kit gets you 95-98% on target. Since there are no 2 cars that are 100% identical (various boost and spoolup characteristics, various cams, heads, exhaust, intake.) we program our software to get you close to ideal with emphasis on safety vs. all out performance. With modified cars, we recommend the PiggyBack to allow you to tailor it to your unique car allowing you to get the last few % out of it. Do you need the PiggyBack? NO!. Is it an optional great tool to have? Yes.

I hope you found the information I provided helpful when comparing various systems. Clearly we concentrated on flexibility, reliability and user friendliness. A real plug-and-drive system! A system you will not outgrow!

Thanks.

Last edited by fast951; 09-08-2007 at 09:18 AM.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:40 PM
Darwantae951

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

MMMmmm...I need more money! How much are they usually? Same as the std MAF?

-Darwin
Old 08-22-2007, 04:02 PM
Keithr726
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I too wish I had the money but my 951 has been sucking so much of it up.
Old 08-22-2007, 04:09 PM
Antonio951
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyway you can do the same sale price on the regular maf setup?
Old 08-22-2007, 04:29 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Sale on Stealth MAF Only! Std MAF is regular price.

The MAF sensor and the software are the same between the Stealth and the Std. The Stealth has the stealth adapter, the std uses the J-pipe and air filter.
Old 08-22-2007, 05:04 PM
stv951
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 10 Posts

any difference in performance between "stealth" and MAF w J pipe ?
Why isn't piggyback needed with "stealth"?
I believe the price for the std MAF is $1250, right ?
Old 08-22-2007, 06:17 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by stv951
any difference in performance between "stealth" and MAF w J pipe ?
Why isn't piggyback needed with "stealth"?
I believe the price for the std MAF is $1250, right ?
As far as the performance, it's the same as it's the same sensor and same software. The Factory Air box is not a 3" opening, which may be a restriction with large turbos.

PiggyBack is not needed with neither STD or Stealth MAF kits. Since not 2 cars are 100% identical (boost curve, cam, exhaust, WG..) differ from one car to the next. We set the software to be on the safe side and we will get you 95-98% on target. To gain the most out of your engine, we recommends the PB to bring it to 100%. We have customers tracking their 3L cars with the MAF by itself, not a problem.

You are correct on the price for the std. kit.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:24 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Edited first message!
Old 08-23-2007, 02:23 PM
aribop
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi John,
Go ahead and put my name on one please. Do I need to tell you what components I'll be running in order to get the chip board correct?
Thanks,
Albert
Old 08-23-2007, 08:22 PM
Randy V
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 98 Likes on 66 Posts

Mmmm - MAF!

Sounds sweet.

Let us know the begin and end dates for the sale.

Schtick.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:33 AM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thank you Randy. I will post the exact dates as soon as possible.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:08 PM
GreyDog
Rennlist Member

Hi John, I am also interested in upgrading from my current Vitesse dual chip set to the Stealth MAF ! Let me know what you need to reserver a unit, or if I wait until the official sale date? I'll pay now if needed.

Thanks !
Old 08-29-2007, 08:52 AM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

GreyDog, please drop me an email and I will add you to the list.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:01 PM
GreyDog
Rennlist Member

Sent.
Old 09-08-2007, 05:54 AM
danny951
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is this sale on?

Quick Reply: Vitesse Stealth MAF - SALE