944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Crosspost- Bad gas mileage

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007 | 10:31 AM
Darwantae951

Originally Posted by LFA951
The LR/ Max chips will make you run even richer than the Autothority chips...
They shouldn't if they are tuned correctly.

-Darwin
Old 08-20-2007 | 11:19 AM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Stop running the engine, fix the dampner and the BOV. Fuel leak is bad, be it a drop or 10. While attending to the fuel problem, check your fuel lines, pay close attention to the short hose to the dampner..
Fix all mechanical engine problems first, make sure you are using the correct FPR for your chip, then check your AFR and MPG.
Old 08-20-2007 | 12:20 PM
Rock
Lazer Beam Shooter
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by fast951
Stop running the engine, fix the dampner and the BOV. Fuel leak is bad, be it a drop or 10. While attending to the fuel problem, check your fuel lines, pay close attention to the short hose to the dampner..
Fix all mechanical engine problems first, make sure you are using the correct FPR for your chip, then check your AFR and MPG.
Do fuel leaks cause the pressure to change?

Autothority chips are tuned to the 2.5 bar FPR, right?
Old 08-20-2007 | 01:00 PM
spanky
Rennlist Member

Change out the fuel filter, I too have been suffering through bad gas milage and I can almost trace it back to a single event in which I ran the car for a long period of time with the low fuel level light on,( 24/ 26 mpg before and 17/19 after that refill). This past Saturday I changed ou tthe fuel filter and since saturday afternoon I have driven 208 miles and am still above the 1/2 tank level. This also means I will have to remove the gas tank sometime in the near future to have it cleaned and recoated but until then I will not be running the fuel level so low as to suck up bits if rust and. particle. Good luck.
Old 08-20-2007 | 01:19 PM
LFA951
Drifting

Originally Posted by Bonestock951S
They shouldn't if they are tuned correctly.

-Darwin
There is supposedly no tuning required, they are just put on and drive, besides, how do you tune a MAF, there is no way...
Old 08-20-2007 | 01:46 PM
eniac
Drifting

Originally Posted by Rock
Do fuel leaks cause the pressure to change?

Autothority chips are tuned to the 2.5 bar FPR, right?
A fuel leak WILL cause an engine fire eventually. You are taking a great risk by running the car. Follow the suggestions here and do not run the engine until the leak is fixed. Do a search for 944 engine fires and you will be suprised how many this has happened to and how unexpected it can happen.

A leak can also cause a pressure change and bad fuel economy but that should be a secondary concern to your fuel leak.
Old 08-20-2007 | 02:25 PM
caster951
Three Wheelin'

The LR/max chips are ready to run with an afm car, not so on a maf car. Russell told me that they will still need some fine tuning from a piggyback on a maf car due to the differences in the calibrations of the maf.

Rock, it is my understanding that the autothority chips are supposed to be used with the 2.5 fpr, no more.
Old 08-20-2007 | 11:29 PM
Rock
Lazer Beam Shooter
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by eniac
A fuel leak WILL cause an engine fire eventually. You are taking a great risk by running the car. Follow the suggestions here and do not run the engine until the leak is fixed. Do a search for 944 engine fires and you will be suprised how many this has happened to and how unexpected it can happen.

A leak can also cause a pressure change and bad fuel economy but that should be a secondary concern to your fuel leak.
Been there... Done that

Quick Reply: Crosspost- Bad gas mileage