Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

968 Turbo RS anti wiper lift deflector

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 12:13 AM
CarbonRevo
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, that one photo of the side of car looks photoshopped for some reason. Definitely a good looking car. It's going to look awesome with the 968 tail and all of these goodies.

Maybe you should just pick up 968 fenders, hood, and front bumper? lol
Old 08-14-2007, 04:05 AM
anders44
Three Wheelin'

Im doing a fiberglass hood, might just integrate it into the hood, less piece hood is fastend with aerocatch hoodpins and won't swing up and hit windshield anyway
Old 08-14-2007, 07:46 AM
future
Banned

CarbonRevo - Yes you are right there is some Photoshop work on that picture of mine but only to lower the car. The first version of side skirts you see in the picture I made as one piece units but the new ones I'm making at the moment are two piece as used originally on the 968 (if you look at a real 968 you'll see what I'm talking about.)

P.S. I also Photoshop'ed the rear bumper in the pic as well if you noticed. This was something I was going to make but then went for the 968 rear instead (will get some more pictures up soon)

anders44 - fiberglass hoods/bonnets are great for the track but the rippled/saggy finish you get from the heat of the engine makes them no good for road cars.

People sometimes criticize other companies fiberglass products for being too thick and heavy but this is to help stop the rippled/saggy problem when making flat panels like the hood.

In one of my pics you will see the turbo nose vent which came from GT-racing. This is also very thick and heavy but the quality is good and I love their products even though it is heavier than the original metal OEM part.

CF is the only real way forwards for large panels. I am thinking about starting work on a new roof made in CF which will look like the BMW M3 CSL (sunroof delete) when finished but this is more of a pipe-dream at the moment.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:33 AM
CarbonRevo
Drifting

I was going to say. That car was seriously tucking some tire (for a 944). The 968 tail on a red 944 (only seen it done in white and black) will look fantastic. I thought something may have been done with the rear in that picture. The rear valance looked like it hung quite a bit down. The car would have looked awesome like that, no doubt...but the 968 tail swap definitely throws people off.

Did you essentially re-construct the whole top of the wiper delete? If so, very impressive skills!
Old 08-14-2007, 10:33 AM
MichelleJD
Jane Bond 007
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts

Very, very nice! Brilliant.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:28 AM
future
Banned

CarbonRevo - Yes the deflector was constructed as follows:

I placed the original (all be it damaged) 968 deflector onto my bonnet and then traced around to get the base right with a thick black marker after waxing the bonnet.

I then gel coated the bonnet about 5 inches past the marked line. Once the gel coat was hard I laid up 2 layers of FRP Matt and waited for the resin to start to go off (green as it's known in the industry).

I then lifted removed the base mould which had absorbed the black marker line so when turned it over I could trim to the exact same base shape as per the original OEM item.

With the base complete with a perfect fit against the bonnet I took 5 measurements from the original hence the 5 divides you see sticking up.

Then I foam filled the entire deflector and shaved to shape using the divides as a pattern to follow.

Once this was done I laid up a couple of layers of FRP Tissue and then covered with a skim of filler before sanding to final shape making sure that both side were identical and as close looking to the original as possible.

Once happy and having tested that the bonnet still opened ok with the deflector still in place I then took a final mould after working out the split mould lines.

And there you have it - Job done

Just leaves the holes to be cut out to run the washer jets through
Old 08-14-2007, 11:31 AM
future
Banned

For those PM'ing me about where to get the 968 Naca Ducts from, try this link to Speed 6 Performance: CLICK HERE

Quick Reply: 968 Turbo RS anti wiper lift deflector