944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Need Help valuing my Totalled 86 951

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007 | 08:47 AM
ENGINEERMAN
Rennlist Member

Default Sorry to hear about your bad luck!

Hope you weren't hurt!

As an FYI, I carry collector car insurance on my 951 with a $25,000 stated value. It is very cheap and if there is an accident, no arguing over the payout. I must have another car insured with at the same time though. My company is State Farm.
Old 08-06-2007 | 11:48 AM
Douglas Sorrells
Racer

well it looks like I'm about at the end of my push with Nationwide without suing them. They are not willing to negotiate any more on the salvage - $2500. (the brand new stage III turbo on it was $850) and they are now topping out at an offer of $11,165 for the car & buy the wrecked one back for $2500. I think I'm going to go ahead & take that offer.

Thanks for everyone's input!!

d
Old 08-06-2007 | 12:29 PM
Chris Prack
Drifting

That is not too bad really. I ended up a little higher but my car was three years newer. The thing for me that really got the value pushed up was a Valuation form provided to me by PCA. It and the letter from the committee stating how they came to the value of the car REALLY helped me get the dollar amount higher.

Remeber Douglas you always have a civil suit against the girl and/or her insurance company to get what you need. I don't like having to go that route but she is clearly at fault and there is no reason you should not be covered 100%.
Old 08-06-2007 | 01:22 PM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Douglas Sorrells
well it looks like I'm about at the end of my push with Nationwide without suing them. They are not willing to negotiate any more on the salvage - $2500. (the brand new stage III turbo on it was $850) and they are now topping out at an offer of $11,165 for the car & buy the wrecked one back for $2500. I think I'm going to go ahead & take that offer.

Thanks for everyone's input!!

d
If you have posession of the car, start taking the expensive stuff off of it now while you're waiting for the check. Tell them you need a week or two to think about the offer. The insurance company will never see it and it will go straight to an auction company and be towed away by an independant. I'd give them enough to roll. Pull the turbo, brakes, and any other fun stuff can quickly. If you have to, replace what you take with with junk stock stuff and finger tight bolts.
Old 08-06-2007 | 01:53 PM
Douglas Sorrells
Racer

I'm inclined to just pay the salvage and keep the car. It has a recently rebuilt LSD transmission a brand new stage III turbo, & a Lindsey 3" exhaust all the way back from the downpipe. All that along w/ a running engine and new clutch. I figure having a fresh backup LSD & the turbo and probabally worth that not to mention all the other stuff.

d

Quick Reply: Need Help valuing my Totalled 86 951