Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Needed, windshield seal

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 12:06 PM
spammajamma
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Needed, windshield seal

the guy painting my car decided to save my pitted windshield and destroy the seal now I've been to vertex and pelican and can't find the seal. Lart or whoever if you've got one in new or near new shape let me know...I may try to get a new windshield thru my insurance but not sure if they'd cover the seal
Old 07-28-2007, 02:44 PM
Burma Shave
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do a search of my recent posts and you will find the p/n from porsche, starts w/ 993. Reveal molding is usually figured by ins co in the replacement procedure for a new w.s.
Old 07-28-2007, 03:14 PM
KuHL 951
Hey Man
Rennlist Member

Received 183 Likes on 108 Posts

I was under the impression that only the early cars had a true seal that was a double sticky sort of stuff and then the metal trim with clips. I thought the later cars had the butyl rubber sealant that came out of a gun. When windshields on later cars are replaced they usually just apply new sealant to the wire cut edge of the old sealing material. The outer trim rubber is just cosmetic and isn't a true seal. PET lists the upper part on later cars as a frame whatever that means, not a seal. Am I understanding this correctly because I might replace the glass on my 86 very soon?

Quick Reply: Needed, windshield seal