Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Exhaust leaks affect idle?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 05:04 AM
Luis de Prat
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

In my experience a leaking ISV made the idle extremely erratic, to the point where the car would stall.

Replaced the ISV and the idle was back to normal. YMMV
Old 07-29-2007, 08:27 PM
LFA951
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ausgeflippt951
I think he's just PMSing.

Or he just wants to ask you out on a date, LFA, and can't get up the courage.
I think you maybe right, I mean, he is the only one who has a weird looking guy on his avatar who is not related to him... if I had a male on my avatar it would have to be either Jesus Christ or my son...
Old 07-30-2007, 08:36 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

keep tryin LFA. BTW how'd that snake oil err umm oil work out for your leaks? Didn't save your HG did it. You fit under the half assed, snake oil part of my comments. I left out the freaking idiot part to be nice. BTW based on your posts, your as close to a female as anyone on this board.

ps, the fact that you can't recognize my avatar as the iconic American journalist, that he was, is a tribute to your continued ignorance. Now go back to shining up your no-longer running 951.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:22 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Well, it tuns out one of the boost lines under the intake was loose and must have gotten knocked loose when doing my injectors. I found it when I hooked up the compressor.

Although it is weird that when I added shims to the DV boost went up.
Old 07-30-2007, 06:28 PM
LFA951
Drifting

Originally Posted by ehall
keep tryin LFA. BTW how'd that snake oil err umm oil work out for your leaks? Didn't save your HG did it. You fit under the half assed, snake oil part of my comments. I left out the freaking idiot part to be nice. BTW based on your posts, your as close to a female as anyone on this board.

ps, the fact that you can't recognize my avatar as the iconic American journalist, that he was, is a tribute to your continued ignorance. Now go back to shining up your no-longer running 951.
Well, so far The Valvoline VR1 is working out great, and as those before me posted, it does help with the leak, which by the way is now getting fixed, it was coming from the bottom o-ring on the oil filler tube/ catch can, so problem solved, what does my eloquent and intellectual writing ability have to do in determining my sexuality, only you could say a comment like that, a poor and ill fated attempt to bounce back, and by the way, most icons are well know, not unknown like the one on your avatar, who is that?? Does anyone here know besides you? At least put someone on that is at recognized (not just by you) and who's name is not a mystery. If you put someone like Andy Warhol, Bruce Lee, or Albert Einstein, anyone would know who it is. Oh, and by the way, you're the only one here with a guy on their avatar that is not themselves, you must feel so masculine!
Old 07-31-2007, 02:40 AM
ausgeflippt951
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's Hunter S. Thompson, the journalist who essentially invented Gonzo Journalism and wrote the famous "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas."

Ok no more bickering. Let's just settle any disputes via PM and be done with it. Frankly, what does it matter if either of you is gay? What if I'm gay? Would either of you think less of me for it? Happy Tuesday
Old 07-31-2007, 08:38 AM
LFA951
Drifting

Originally Posted by ausgeflippt951
It's Hunter S. Thompson, the journalist who essentially invented Gonzo Journalism and wrote the famous "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas."

Ok no more bickering. Let's just settle any disputes via PM and be done with it. Frankly, what does it matter if either of you is gay? What if I'm gay? Would either of you think less of me for it? Happy Tuesday
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas bombed at the movie theaters, but anyway, if you were gay you'd be ok, but you'd be condemned to spend eternity in hell...

Quick Reply: Exhaust leaks affect idle?