Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Up on a lift w/leaking Koni...time for upgrades!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 12:56 PM
Slantnose!
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Up on a lift w/leaking Koni...time for upgrades!

Hello.
My '89 has the MO30 w/Koni's and the right front is leaking fluid by the top adjuster.
What is the current thinking on rebuilding this and/or doing an upgrade?
I thought I saw a double adjustable is now available, but is this based on these or something else?
Also, thinking this might be a good time to do the backs, as well.
Seen lots of information about this lately...
All the recent posts have me confused about what is proven and what everyone is doing
This car isn't run on the street, but used for autocross and maybe in the future TT's or something.
About stock weight still.
Really would like to keep the adjustability.
I guess now is the time for adding camber plates, as well and like the Kokein units that add shock travel, but they call for 2.25 vs. 2.5 diameter springs.
Anyway, the car is on a lift, at the shop and the stuff is out and I just really need help & advise what to do.
Thank you.
Old 07-23-2007, 01:55 PM
ed devinney
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 66 Likes on 44 Posts

You can have your struts rebuilt to double adjustable - Paragon sent mine to Koni, there are probably others. The Konis are supposedly good to 400lb springs up front and 30mm bars in the rear. After that the sky is the limit - search this and the racing forums for lots of info.
Old 07-23-2007, 04:50 PM
lejams
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can have them rebuilt to OEM standard or double adjustable. If you do the rebuild kit offered by Paragon where the strut is cut, beware that they can never be made into double adjustables after cutting them. Koni has a very long lead time. http://truechoicekoniracingservices.com is factory rep certified and is faster and equally as good. No differerence between them and Koni. Highly recommended.

Quick Reply: Up on a lift w/leaking Koni...time for upgrades!