Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Vitesse turbo install

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 02:01 PM
chilibluepepper
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys. A bunch of little side adventures like this one are partly the reason I don't have my car running yet!
Old 07-08-2007, 03:48 PM
aribop
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for sharing, Alex. Very nicely done.
Old 07-08-2007, 05:20 PM
blodstrupmoen
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chilibluepepper
I extended the stock fitting as follows: I cut off pipe between the banjo and temp sensor mount; I drilled out the banjo and temp sensor mount to accept 1/2 inch pipe; I cut and bent a 1/2 inch diameter section of hydraulic line to clear the compressor housing; silver brazed this new pipe between the banjo fitting and temp sensor fitting. Certainly not plug and play, but not bad if you are equipped and able to do some controlled cutting, drilling, and brazing.

This is the same route I went, but now it is leaking a little. Maybe poor work from the guy putting it togheter ?? ( I used a local machine shop/plumber )

I`ll send you a Pm for the adapter ..
Old 07-08-2007, 05:21 PM
IPSC
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you perchance have a "before" photograph?

IPSC
Old 07-08-2007, 08:33 PM
chilibluepepper
Racer

IPSC - Here's the best angle I have of the stock pipe on a 26/8, outside the car.

Sorry, about the unintentional hijack of your thread. I just wanted to help someone out.
Attached Images  
Old 07-09-2007, 01:28 PM
IPSC
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you kidding this will be very helpfull to doing an install and I say THANKS ! ! !

IPSC
Old 07-09-2007, 01:43 PM
eniac
Drifting

For the water line I removed the stock part completely then used brass fittings to connect everything. It doesn't look stock but doesn't look bad either. I have a pipe that comes straight out the side of the turbo into a T. On one end of the T is an aftermarket temp sensor, the other end goes to the radiator hoses which has another T to split those two. This way I like a bit better since it gets the hoses farther away from the hot turbo and leaves more room to work around in there. The only thing I don't like is that after having this for a couple years, the brass is starting to look old and corrode. It's easy enough to remove and polish or paint it I guess but I haven't had the motivation to do that yet. lol

Quick Reply: Vitesse turbo install