Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Injector Wiring

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 12:54 PM
95ONE
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Injector Wiring

Wow. I Finished Putting everything back together today after 6months of spare time to work on the car. ... Wouldn't start of course.
Had a bad AN Fitting for the oil cooler...Typical stuff after changing everything and custom this and that.. But... Number One and two werent Firing... I put a test light on the injector clips.. nothing. no juice. Car dies altogether and wont start. I figured bad ground.... wrong..(kinda) go through a bunch of steps and figure I guess I had to do it soon anyway (I Even had the aftermarket injector clips ready for this) But, I was STILL surprised to see just how terrible and badly corroded and ruined the injector wires were underneath the rubber protector just above the clip. It hides the condition of those wires. They had all disintegrated and were touching all over the place. I don't know how it was running at all.

After they were replaced, it started right up. Ran Fairly well before a coolant bypass hose blew off that I forgot to tighten and got the distributor all wet. I put it up after that. It was One in the morning and I had to be at work this morning.

Although it was nice to feel power keep puling all the way up to redline. Haven't felt that in a long time. (60-1 Turbo) Totally different and very nice to have. even at 10lbs it was faster than the 15. (200lbs lighter does help)

My point.. CHANGE INJECTOR WIRING. (All the wiring you can actually) and... Throw away that stupid k26/6. Get an updated turbo. Two entirely different leagues.

Oh yeah. K26/6 in perfect working order that made 260hp to wheels before I replaced it. $100. Although I don't know why anyone would want it.

HAPPY 4TH.

Quick Reply: Injector Wiring