Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 12:18 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by anders44
euro vs US eh

let's all meet at the norschleife and settle it some day, perhaps the only track in the world were you just can't have enough power up the hills and straights.

to derekvg, where in .nl are you from? I'm visiting in july/august (my car gets tuned in NL)
Sebring is easier all the power house ROW teams race there.., anyway , you Digress as we are Discussing ROW dynos here and in europe , Apparently with the same dyno's we read higher more optimistic numbers , that we stare at , so i wouldsuggest going over my previous post and then we can discuss this in more detail as it is easy to compare numbers off the same dyno give or take 2-3 %.....
Old 07-03-2007, 12:30 PM
anders44
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Sebring is easier all the power house ROW teams race there.., anyway , you Digress as we are Discussing ROW dynos here and in europe , Apparently with the same dyno's we read higher more optimistic numbers , that we stare at , so i wouldsuggest going over my previous post and then we can discuss this in more detail as it is easy to compare numbers off the same dyno give or take 2-3 %.....
I'm not debating numbers I mean.. most of the dynos in my country are made in the US... I only use dyno to map loadcell and get an idea of my power, I of course tell anyone that asks a tad less than what I have

sebring would be cool, to bad shipping car back & forth is more than buying a 951 in the US :|

but, if we look to german spec cars, you will see that german tuners often states very low numbers for a mod.

now.. look to scandinavia (where I live) .. ****loads of dynoqueens beeing run with every cheat available highoctane race fuel, spray, dry ice etc. just to get a high number. now look at the laptimes thoose cars does around the tracks, I looked at the result list from rudskogen (small track local to me) here from an event and series called gatebil extreme, lots of cars with 500-1000hp dyno numbers, and you could beat the times with a 115hp elise on worn tires.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:35 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

I'm not debating numbers I mean.. most of the dynos in my country are made in the US... I only use dyno to map loadcell and get an idea of my power, I of course tell anyone that asks a tad less than what I have

sebring would be cool, to bad shipping car back & forth is more than buying a 951 in the US :|

but, if we look to german spec cars, you will see that german tuners often states very low numbers for a mod.

now.. look to scandinavia (where I live) .. ****loads of dynoqueens beeing run with every cheat available highoctane race fuel, spray, dry ice etc. just to get a high number. now look at the laptimes thoose cars does around the tracks, I looked at the result list from rudskogen (small track local to me) here from an event and series called gatebil extreme, lots of cars with 500-1000hp dyno numbers, and you could beat the times with a 115hp elise on worn tires.

LOL, agree, but rememeberthe german tuners do not have the freedom we have here in the states or Sweden , they have to conform to TUV so there mods are more modest ...
Now big BHP numbers don't translate to fast lap times as there is more than hp at play with lap times.... People who race know this as oppose to those that shoot for dyno numbers ... but for now all we have is the dyno numbers to work with in comparing US to ROW....
Old 07-03-2007, 12:45 PM
anders44
Three Wheelin'

LOL, agree, but rememeberthe german tuners do not have the freedom we have here in the states or Sweden , they have to conform to TUV so there mods are more modest ...
Now big BHP numbers don't translate to fast lap times as there is more than hp at play with lap times.... People who race know this as oppose to those that shoot for dyno numbers ... but for now all we have is the dyno numbers to work with in comparing US to ROW....
here tuning is pretty much outlawed, and to get stuff approved we need to go to germany to TÜV.. then pay aprox $150USD per HP in tax to the government (if we report it .. vups see the humor here? I think it's more due to the fact that they actually test the cars, and tune down to what's durable, instead of high hp you can get.

to another question, I'm haveing custom wheels made

how does 285 front on 18x10.5 and 315 rear on 18x12 sound? (for the widebody)
Old 07-03-2007, 01:12 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

here tuning is pretty much outlawed, and to get stuff approved we need to go to germany to TÜV.. then pay aprox $150USD per HP in tax to the government (if we report it .. vups see the humor here? I think it's more due to the fact that they actually test the cars, and tune down to what's durable, instead of high hp you can get.

to another question, I'm haveing custom wheels made

how does 285 front on 18x10.5 and 315 rear on 18x12 sound? (for the widebody)
Sounds about right , with the correct offset , MY CCW 's are 17x10 and 17x12 with a GTR body...with the same size tires...

If tuning is outlawed in Sweden , you must have alot of criminals driving around ..
Old 07-03-2007, 01:34 PM
derekvg
Track Day

Wayne, guess u got a wrong conclusion from my post
i didnt suggest US cars dont have flat powerbands, i just ment dont stare blind on numbers.

made a piture with my phone:
dont have any room to make a good picture from te front.

i need to order some extra topcoat these days so i can complete the mold.
But i dont have enough money this month (student)
then i can produce my first front part (exiting)

seems like i cant post images/links due to the low post count

btw: my workshop is in the south of the netherlands. near 's Hertogenbosch
Old 07-03-2007, 06:23 PM
Duke
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by special tool
Some of us like pretty paint and some of us like power.
and some like both but then you never have time to finish the damn car
Old 07-03-2007, 06:27 PM
anders44
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by derekvg
Wayne, guess u got a wrong conclusion from my post
i didnt suggest US cars dont have flat powerbands, i just ment dont stare blind on numbers.

made a piture with my phone:
dont have any room to make a good picture from te front.

i need to order some extra topcoat these days so i can complete the mold.
But i dont have enough money this month (student)
then i can produce my first front part (exiting)

seems like i cant post images/links due to the low post count

btw: my workshop is in the south of the netherlands. near 's Hertogenbosch
how are prices for polyester and gelcoat? here it's almost 70-80% discount on polyester if you buy 20KG at a time instead of 1, same for gelcoat. I'm gonna bring my 20kg bucket and drain from a friend who has drums next time though.

gonna go look at the map now, my parents used to live in maastricht.
Old 07-03-2007, 06:45 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 76 Posts

I wasn't posting an insult. It was an answer to A.Wayne's question of what Hans meant by number variations. You may be right and all it comes down to is you guys produce bigger hp? I don't know. I thought that Dyno's were a bit subjective anyway as there is the dial in loading effect. I think the opinion is based on similar cars with similar mods producing quite different numbers on dynos in various parts of the world. I have seen on different forums from other countries that this opinion is held. Maybe we're all just jealous.
Old 07-03-2007, 07:19 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

I know that dynos read different even from the same manuf. but if you are using the same type , 2-3% difference is about the norm maybe 5% worst case , maybe.... so if you made 300 on a dyno jet in holland and then 400 on a dyno jet in new york you can bet the one in new york is making more power ...
One thing for sure the swedes have this locked , as they are getting the same silly Hp numbers we see here and guess what they are using MONSTER TURBOS.....also...
Old 07-03-2007, 07:21 PM
anders44
Three Wheelin'

I used to have a GT40 turbo on a 2.8liter bmw inline 6... no backpressure ar was "only" 0.99..

it was big surprise.. made in sweden
Old 07-03-2007, 07:25 PM
special tool
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know that dynos read different even from the same manuf. but if you are using the same type , 2-3% difference is about the norm maybe 5% worst case , maybe.... so if you made 300 on a dyno jet in holland and then 400 on a dyno jet in new york you can bet the one in new york is making more power ...
One thing for sure the swedes have this locked , as they are getting the same silly Hp numbers we see here and guess what they are using MONSTER TURBOS.....also...

Yes - that is a coincidence - the big hp guys use large turbos.
hmmmmm - allow me to muse for a spell.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:42 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by special tool
Yes - that is a coincidence - the big hp guys use large turbos.
hmmmmm - allow me to muse for a spell.
Old 08-04-2007, 02:03 PM
turbo_porscha
Intermediate

any one have 944 /968 wide body picture? ? please post.
Old 08-04-2007, 03:08 PM
pole position
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wayne, when are you going to attend the German Tuner GP, show them dumb /"modest" tuning Germans how it is done. Then put the final kill to it when you hire a pro driver with Ring experience and smash the record there with your "big turbos", nothing better than putting Alzen/Bosch/ RS tuning in there corner for a time out. I am confident you can do it with your vast experience and credentials. Maybe the crazy 1500 hp Scandinavians can participate too.

In regards to chassis dynos, not all are created equal. 10 sec boostspike flashreadings on a Dynofart or Ponytang are not the same as 45 sec on a MAHA, the dyno of choice of PAG, VAG etc......

Funny, international pro race teams/builders hardly ever post on net boards to boost there business, I wonder why, maybe deeds are a lot more convincing than keyboard strokes.

Quick Reply: Widebody opinions wanted please.....