Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Cool little camcorder

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 01:24 PM
Trucho-951
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cool little camcorder

Hey, a friend of mine just told me about some little inexpensive camcorder that just came out called the Digital Hero. It looks to be perfect for recording say, for example, 1/4 runs (hint, hint, ST) or DE runs. It apparently can record upto 54 min. of video in per SD chip. Check out the footage of someone taking a lesson at Infineon Raceway.

http://www.goprocamera.com/

Has anyone already tried it? If so, how was the video quality?
Old 06-28-2007, 02:11 PM
reno808
Rennlist Member

That would actually be a good idea because you can mount it on a harness bar. But it looks CHEAP
Old 06-28-2007, 02:17 PM
jmporsche944
Rennlist Member

Received 65 Likes on 20 Posts

Those videos on that site are so small that any quality would look OK at that size
Old 06-28-2007, 04:27 PM
jakery
resident n00b
Rennlist Member

i got one of the sample prototypes from these guys (i work for an outdoor sports company)

The one i got only took 30 sec videos in 400 x 600 which is about the size of your palm.

The best part was the underwater feature, i did stick it under the water in the sink and took a video of myself.

It worked but it felt much more like a toy then a camera, and after i used it, i just gave it to a friend.

Also, on the sample i got, the usb cable didn't fit in the camera, I had to cut it with a exacto knife to make it fit, but then again. That was a sample./
Old 06-28-2007, 09:06 PM
philcav7
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Generally speaking, the small inexpensive Mpeg4 video cameras offer substandard quality.

The are ideal if you want something compact to record video with and watch it on your pc. They are not a replacement for a DV video camera or something comparable.

I work in an electronics store. I would estimate 50% of these(similar products) that we sell because the customer is not happy with it. The only time I recommend them is when someone says "my 7 year old wants a video camera, I want to get something cheap"

They have gotten a little better over the past few years and will continue to as well. In time they will be great.

Quick Reply: Cool little camcorder