Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Anyone use Torco Accelerator to boost octane?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 02:55 AM
shaheed
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you're in kennesaw you're not 60 miles away from VP racing fuels...
Old 06-06-2007, 03:15 AM
pole position
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On my Audi I can run the same boostlevels, timing advance, with similar correction factors and knockvalues as provided by logs with Torco as I would with Sunoco 104 which I use on occassion.

However, you will get orange plugs. I used the Audi as a example because I have the abilty to log everything and some ,from head to toe. Hope that helps.
Old 06-06-2007, 10:37 AM
schnellfahrer
Addict
Rennlist Member

So the conclusion is...?
Old 06-06-2007, 11:12 AM
wi54545
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by pole position
On my Audi I can run the same boostlevels, timing advance, with similar correction factors and knockvalues as provided by logs with Torco as I would with Sunoco 104 which I use on occassion.

However, you will get orange plugs. I used the Audi as a example because I have the abilty to log everything and some ,from head to toe. Hope that helps.

So it works (albeit with a lot of lead)?
Old 06-06-2007, 12:49 PM
special tool
Banned

Originally Posted by wi54545
So it works (albeit with a lot of lead)?
He is not pushing his audi.
If you are below the level of octane necessary on both race and Torco, you wll be fine.
You wll be smart not to run high boost on your 951 (wth its restrcve turbine housing and inherant high egt's) with magic fuel.

But I thnk you should choose your adviser carefully in this thread, and stick with him.
Old 06-06-2007, 02:03 PM
wi54545
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by special tool
If you are below the level of octane necessary on both race and Torco, you wll be fine.
You wll be smart not to run high boost on your 951 (wth its restrcve turbine housing and inherant high egt's) with magic fuel.

But I thnk you should choose your adviser carefully in this thread, and stick with him.

What would be the max boost level for me at 104 octane unleaded race gas from VHP or Torco (real race)? I'd rather not do home brew gas.

My mods include Vitesse Stage III turbo, Lindsey MAF, Vitesse chips, Delphi 55lb injectors, stock fuel pump, Lindsey Dual Port waste gate, Cometic MLS head gasket, reworked head (nothing special 5 angle valve job), Lindsey Steam relief kit, NGK (your plug and temp range of choice), MSD coil (not the fancy one, OEM replacement), Fabspeed 3 inch exhaust (I run the race cat because of the noise), UEGO wideband, Black **** MBC, and adjustable fuel pressure regulator.

I run 14psi now with no knock that I am aware of and about 11.5:1 on the wideband with room to enrichen much more.

Please advise me
Old 06-06-2007, 06:00 PM
special tool
Banned

Originally Posted by wi54545
What would be the max boost level for me at 104 octane unleaded race gas from VHP or Torco (real race)? I'd rather not do home brew gas.

My mods include Vitesse Stage III turbo, Lindsey MAF, Vitesse chips, Delphi 55lb injectors, stock fuel pump, Lindsey Dual Port waste gate, Cometic MLS head gasket, reworked head (nothing special 5 angle valve job), Lindsey Steam relief kit, NGK (your plug and temp range of choice), MSD coil (not the fancy one, OEM replacement), Fabspeed 3 inch exhaust (I run the race cat because of the noise), UEGO wideband, Black **** MBC, and adjustable fuel pressure regulator.

I run 14psi now with no knock that I am aware of and about 11.5:1 on the wideband with room to enrichen much more.

Please advise me
I would not go over 24 psi with your setup on 104.
Old 06-06-2007, 07:10 PM
cyinisis
Advanced

They actually claim 107 octane boost on their website.

Anyone have a car to destroy to prove if this works?
Old 06-06-2007, 07:19 PM
Ian Carr
That Guy
Rennlist Member

nos?
Old 06-06-2007, 07:26 PM
special tool
Banned

Originally Posted by cyinisis
They actually claim 107 octane boost on their website.

Anyone have a car to destroy to prove if this works?

Are you kidding?
They can pull ths **** because they warn "racing only" and release themselves from liabilty.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:16 PM
pole position
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by special tool

It is not running insane boost levels. Spike to 24 and settling down to 20-21 at redline with approx 30 deg timing however the ME7 is a little more sophisticated than what is used in the 951 so the safety net is greater.

I agree if I would crank the boost /timing max I would only use a mix of 104/C16 or 104/Toluene.

Quick Reply: Anyone use Torco Accelerator to boost octane?