Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Lindsey Performance BOV

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 02:19 AM
hinch951
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lindsey Performance BOV

I have researched this topic on here, before posting a bulletin about it....I read about the part where people were confused about the proper way to install this performance bov unit. I am speaking about the older style unit that was near 200.00 when it first came out....now Lindsey Racing has switched to the valve that looks identical to the stock bov...I recently installed the autothority maf unity with klr and dme chips and also the speed force racing pipes....upon first tests and running the car, i found the diverter valve (stock) worked perfectly...i wasn't fond of the flutter sound it made, but it is much more pronounced now.....and i was planning on putting my lindsey racing performance bov back on...but just wanted to run the car to see how my setup went....anyways, so i install the LR bov, exactly the way it is pictured on their website for the yellow race car...laying flat down...kinda opposite from the stock units....and it seems that it runs different that when i had the stock bov on meaning, that whenver i let off the gas pedal...instead of like the car lurching forward a little and the rpms steadily dropping...it hesistates and then the rpms fall...like the car jumps back and forth...not violently but like u feather the throttle a tiny bit to get the car out of sink.... then let off.....besides not running as smoothly, it seems to stay open alot longer under boost..I am not that up on how BOV/Diverter Valves work..but under boost/accelerating, it seems to sound like it is staying open......it is reliveing pressure because i hear the whooosh sound when shifting, but im unhappy with the way it acts driving wise...seems to throw the timing of the car off somewhat...i read somewhere on here about wastegate shims or somehting that came with the unit? I never received these or anything, if this was part of the kit.....It just doesn't run right with it on there...it doesn't stall or anything...it just doesn't run right....compared to my stock unit.....it is almost like the LR unit is leaking or something and it keeps staying open....idk...just wondering if anyone still used these things and if they also had any kind of trouble like this?! I'd like to make it work lol because I paid flippin way too much for it, a couple years ago lol
Old 06-05-2007, 05:11 AM
76 911s
Racer

When I bought my 951, it had one of the earlier Lindsey diverter valves. It always made the car lurch hard when lifting the throttle while under boost. I tried mounting it laid down (mainly so it wouldn't contact the hood). It did lessen the lurch, however boost up was way slower since boost pressure was now on the bottom of the piston(instead of the side) and leaking though. I took it apart to find that there were no sealing o-rings between the brass piston and valve body. Without any seals, the piston was unable to fully open/stay open as the vaccumm pressure pulling the valve open was quickly lost in the intake stream. I decided to switch to a Forge unit and noticed an immediate difference in the way the car drove. Quicker spoolup, and most importantly, no more lunge on throttle lift.

I know you're not gonna like this, but you should really get a different diverter valve if you want to fix the problem. I recommend the Forge, but I'm sure the Evo or new Lindsey ones are comparable.
Old 06-05-2007, 06:10 AM
sin01bst
Instructor

i use a forge dv and have used them for the last four years. very nice products
Old 06-05-2007, 08:54 AM
SD Porsche Fan
Cast Iron Man
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got an Evo dv in stealth black (also available in 'bling') from Imagine Auto. Works great and IA is a Rennlist sponsor.
Old 06-05-2007, 08:58 PM
hinch951
Instructor

Do these evo and forge make a fluttering sound like the stock bov or pshhhhhhhhh sound kinda ricey lol....i like the psshhhhh sound better and i know that these valves dont vent to atmosphere but rather back into the pipe, but with my MAF...you can hear it very well...it is pretty loud with my LR valve, but im just unhappy like i said with the way it runs....just out of sink...i can def. say i got burned on that one...should have done more research.....hope im not the only one disappointed in it....not wishing bad stuff on anyone else...but if someone else spent a good amount of money on it and then have switched...kinda makes me feel a little better i guess.....lol so there is no adjustment to make this thing "run right" ive contacted lindsey with an email but no response
Old 06-05-2007, 09:05 PM
Cory9584
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my forge valve makes a slight pshhh sound
Old 06-05-2007, 11:35 PM
hinch951
Instructor

Yea, I just wonder if anyone has one of these valves installed and is actually pleased with the way it runs? Actually, when the valve was installed "correct like" just like the way a factory one is set up, with the hood clearance issure, when pulling out and revving my car beyond 3,500 lol, the car would cut out whenever i tried to switch gears....lol...it wouldn't even work right....just wondering if anyone still has the valve and is pleased with it? I know some cars run different or whatnot....but im afraid i am going to have to switch!
Old 06-06-2007, 02:51 AM
Keithr726
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm going to be buying the EVO model from lindsey over the nest few days. I've heard nothing but good things about it.

Quick Reply: Lindsey Performance BOV