Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

how does klr interphase with dme the truth is out there

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 01:18 PM
Geneqco
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gt37vgt
got my self a few pressies seems i've now got a 400hp bolt on set up for the 2.5 to tide me over til the 3.0 is done
Nice one... what did you actually get with the kit?

BTW, thanks for the scope link.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:04 PM
gt37vgt
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thought you'd never ask. lol.
well my 2.5 is oringed , panorted and stage 1 cooler so i thought it would be a bit of a waste to not give it a little more . toying with playing with mafs and chips but I realy have to jumpin in and put one of my computers on it .i wont get into the turbo i'll say 380-430 hp vgt but i just picked in my latest buy up carillos (for the 3.0) 2.5 web cam, power pullys and extrude honed 951 inlet manifold .
the rest of it is just stuff lying around 3and 4inch exhuast swap my MSD for a big bosche pump bosche 720cc squirters bmw 66mm throttle, body twin coil set up .
going to switch my focus from the 3.0 engine to the car you cant drive an engine and almost everthing i do on the car will still be worth wile for the 3.0 maybe even keep the hole set up and just change the bottom end out .
At this stage i need to be able to quickly configure the car for authoritor inspections .As some criminal has cloned my car and it not sorted yet

the car will also get skiddy dif front brakes. seats and fibreglass front .
My pcscope, i got him to send out a pretty comprehensive 4 channel set up with 2 line filters (voltage step down) i noticed ther are quit a few set ups that go in the microphone jack but you have to go down under 1 volt . oops i forgot to mention i can't strongly recomend that set up as I haven't been home to play with mine as yet .
Old 07-11-2007, 09:47 PM
Geneqco
Pro

How long you had her for?

I decided to go for after market standalone rather than playing too much witht eh Motronic, chips and MAF... mainly due to flexibility and ease of tuning but also for the data logging capability.

I really like the idea of vgt turbo and have looked into it. The only one I have been able to find other than those that are only available for OEM applications is the Aerocharger Turbo currently manufactured by HiPer Turbo. They have only had a 250 hp model but have just started manufacturing one rated to 375 (flywheel hp). They have one on a customer's car that is putting out 400 flywheel hp - it produces 10 psi at 1800 rpm and reaches it maximuim (for that engine) of 18 psi by 2200 rpm.

I'm really interested to know more about the turbo you have. Maybe you can fabricate a few bits for me at the same time as your own to make your work more worthwhile?

Do you know much about the HiPer Turbo Aerochargers?
Old 07-12-2007, 03:47 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts

Scott, what do you mean about aftermarket standalone as opposed to Motronic etc? I thought you had the Wolf on the way.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:40 AM
Geneqco
Pro

Originally Posted by 333pg333
Scott, what do you mean about aftermarket standalone as opposed to Motronic etc? I thought you had the Wolf on the way.
That's right Patrick. I originally got MAF, piggyback and chips but decided if I really have to go throught the process of tuning etc anyway, I'd rather do that with a standalone and the flexibility and data logging capabililities that go with that.

I decided to go with the Wolf 3D V500 for a number of reasons... High on the list is that it is available as a plug and play solution greatly simplifying the installation - my wiring harness is all in very good condition so I don't see the need to go to the extra time and expense (which can be significant) of replacing it. Another factor was that another Rennlister with a similar setup to mine very kindly offered to share his maps with me, so i get off to a great start and just need to do some fine tuning. There are a few of them around on our cars and they are also the control ecu for our local 944 series.

There have been a few delays in getting it because I'm trying to setup the harness to maintain the KLR for knock control - as you can see from this thread, that is not without its issues. Anyway, it came at the end of last week but after going through the harness there were a few things I wanted done a little differently, so I sent the harness back for some changes. I'm expecting to get it back in the next couple of days. I'll let you know how it all progresses.

Thanks for your interest.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:25 AM
gt37vgt
Drifting

REPECT nice one sendining it back to get it right, I would hack it up in a mad rush to go out and and destroy my engine with with 34psiu of boost and bad tuning
Old 07-13-2007, 06:30 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by gt37vgt
REPECT nice one sendining it back to get it right, I would hack it up in a mad rush to go out and and destroy my engine with with 34psiu of boost and bad tuning
Hahah ahh you do crack me up gt37vgt but I like your posts too.
Old 07-13-2007, 09:30 AM
sawood12
Racer

Originally Posted by Geneqco
That's right Patrick. I originally got MAF, piggyback and chips but decided if I really have to go throught the process of tuning etc anyway, I'd rather do that with a standalone and the flexibility and data logging capabililities that go with that.

I decided to go with the Wolf 3D V500 for a number of reasons... High on the list is that it is available as a plug and play solution greatly simplifying the installation - my wiring harness is all in very good condition so I don't see the need to go to the extra time and expense (which can be significant) of replacing it. Another factor was that another Rennlister with a similar setup to mine very kindly offered to share his maps with me, so i get off to a great start and just need to do some fine tuning. There are a few of them around on our cars and they are also the control ecu for our local 944 series.

There have been a few delays in getting it because I'm trying to setup the harness to maintain the KLR for knock control - as you can see from this thread, that is not without its issues. Anyway, it came at the end of last week but after going through the harness there were a few things I wanted done a little differently, so I sent the harness back for some changes. I'm expecting to get it back in the next couple of days. I'll let you know how it all progresses.

Thanks for your interest.
I thought the Wolf came with the Safeguard knock protection system that is also plug and play?
Old 07-13-2007, 10:05 AM
Geneqco
Pro

Most people buy it that way. In fact the 951's KLR was the inspiration behind Safeguard's development - I guess i figured though that porsche would have done a lot of R & D on the KLR to get it properly tuned to the specific knock frequenices and to filter out noise. I'm just not sure how well an after market system can do that, so I thought I'd at least try with the KLR... see if I can get it to work properly with another system etc.

If I have any problems, I can always get the J&S later.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:34 AM
Geneqco
Pro

Okay, I scoped KLR T24... the trigger signal seems to be a 12.5v spike followed by a 10v spike immediately after - ie, the whole thing takes place, the first 12.5v then the 10v, including their durations, within a few hundred micro seconds at idle.

Anyone know the significance of the 12.5 followed by the 10 or if they are both necessary?

Thanks
Old 04-14-2008, 10:47 AM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just curious is anything has progressed?

-Rogue

Quick Reply: how does klr interphase with dme the truth is out there