Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Guards Red 86 951 For Sale

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 12:20 PM
ben951
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Guards Red 86 951 For Sale

Well, the time has come to put my pride and joy up for sale, i need a bigger car, and sadly cannot afford two, i figured i would offer it out to the community before putting it on ebay.

It is a guards red 1986 turbo. 90,000 miles, linen interior.

Belts and waterpump were done 4,000 miles ago, rollers and seals were checked at the same time and found to be in excellent condition.

This car has been really well looked after its whole life, the previous owner was an old lady, and she took meticulous care of the care which i have also done.

The car runs and drives strong, and i would not hesitate to drive it cross country.

The odometer stopped working at 86,000 miles, but the car has around 90,000 on it, i dont drive it too much anymore.

There are some aftermarket items on the car which will go with it, a set of 17" ROH wheels, 17x7.5 in the front wrapped in 225/45 advan a048 rubber, and 17x9.5 in rear, wrapped in 255/40 a048 also. The wheels have been powdercoated black. Also to go with the car are the original fuchs, they have a silver lip with black center, rubber is shot, and the wheels could do with a refurb.

Behind the new wheels the brake calipers have been painted yellow with high temp paint, and stainless brake lines fitted, at current only the rear calipers and lines have been completed but I have the lines and paint for the front ones.

The car has a suede sparco steering wheel also, again, the original goes with the car.

I also have a test pipe to go with the car, not fitted, as i cut the cat out of the original exhaust, and welded in a replacement pipe, i was going to sell the test pipe, but never got round to it.

968 handles are fitted, painted black. the original script handles go with.

Speakers all round have been replaced with sony ones, and the headunit has been replaced with a molded 7" touchscreen. Providing the music is a full car PC, powered by windows xp. Running roadrunner front end and gps is provided by iguidance. All of this goes with the car, and there is a serial port on the pc also, so you can hook up your data logger.

The car is hardwired for a V1 and remote display, the v1 and RD will not be going with the car though, im getting a bigger car, not a slower one!

Oil changes have been done regularly with valvoline 20w 50, i even have 6 quarts of it left over, if you want it, it goes with the car.

To prove the maintenance history of this car i have a folder full of service history, and all the stamps in the right places in the original porsche service book. This car may not be the cheapest out there, but there is nothing more expensive than a cheap porsche, and this car has never given me any problems, so a little extra money up front is going to save you a stack of cash in the long run.

Since my ownership the car has been maintained at Redbones garage in Orlando, so those of you who know this garage know that the work has been done properly, the guys at the shop will also testify as to how clean this car is.

The interior is nice, there are the usual dash cracks from the florida sun, but thats about it, the seats are good, the drivers side bolster has some scuffing, but there are no holes, or rips anywhere.

The exterior is good, but not perfect. there are some rockchips up front, and the florida sun has not been kind to the paint, so it is faded a bit in some parts, most noticeably on the headlamp covers. it looks fine after a good polish though.

I cant think of anything else that you might need to know, I will post up some pictures later today. If you want to come take a look, let me know, call ben on 321-402-6269 or e-mail me benpearson@cfl.rr.com

I am looking to get $10,500 obo.
Old 06-03-2007, 12:43 PM
pudges951
Racer

Now that is an awesome for sale post. Very informative. Get some pics up as soon as you can. The car sounds very nice.
Old 06-03-2007, 12:51 PM
ben951
Advanced

Default Some pictures for you....

Here are some pics....

Old 06-03-2007, 01:00 PM
LFA951
Drifting

I'd suggest resizing the pictures!
Old 06-03-2007, 01:08 PM
ben951
Advanced

Just did that, didnt realize they were so big!!
Old 06-03-2007, 01:24 PM
mortymower
Rennlist Member

That sounds like a great price for a really well sorted out car... I just bought another one or I would be giving you a call. Hope it sells quick
Old 06-03-2007, 02:25 PM
Cory9584
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats a very clean intall on the touch screen. good luck with the sale, btw whats on the passenger side floor?
Old 06-03-2007, 02:32 PM
ben951
Advanced

thanks! its a fire extinguisher, better to be safe than sorry! i'll be taking that out though.
Old 06-03-2007, 04:45 PM
billthe3
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Awesome video setup in the dash. And a car pc is sweet. Any pics of the pc install?

FYI, that is most likely a "light grey" interior. The "linen" color did not actually come out until 89, or something like that. I'm pretty sure that is the same color as my 86, and mine is "light grey."
Old 06-03-2007, 08:45 PM
wwinton
Instructor

Could you give some more info on the center screen/computer, it look awesome!
Old 06-04-2007, 12:10 AM
IPSC
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wwinton
Could you give some more info on the center screen/computer, it look awesome!
Yeah second that, I am interested as well.

IPSC
Old 06-04-2007, 11:14 AM
ben951
Advanced

No body interested in the car?

The center console is the original console, the cross brace was cut out and a bit of the edges was notched out, so that the original screen bezel would fit. i used hot glue to tack the screen in place and then used plastic weld to securely hold the screen onto the bezel, once this was glued in, it gace the console its rigidity back also. the next step was to bondo it all in smooth, this step took ages, maybe 20 hrs altogether. i used regular car bondo, and then glazing putty, to make it all smooth. The hardest part of this step was to make the curved corner bits even both sides.

the car pc was jsut a generic one that i bought form ebay, i could have built one, but i dont have enough time for that! there is a special power provider in the pc that shuts it down when i turn off the car, and then it starts it back up again when i switch the computer back on. The computer is mounted in the back of the car in one of the wheek wells, and all the wires are run down the passenger side of the car.

The screen that i used was just a 7" lilliput touchscreen, got that from ebay too. Sorry, i dont have project pics, didnt think about it, but i can take pics of the pc in the back if anyone wants them?
Old 06-05-2007, 10:21 AM
ben951
Advanced

bump, anyone interested in the car? it will be heading off to ebay soon.
Old 06-05-2007, 04:13 PM
alxdgr8
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts

Pics don't work for me.
Old 06-05-2007, 05:44 PM
ben951
Advanced

pics are back online, i accidentally deleted them from the server.

Ben

Quick Reply: Guards Red 86 951 For Sale