Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

ISV and Cycling valve mounts

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 01:48 PM
Blackwater
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question ISV and Cycling valve mounts

First Issue: my ISV mounting bracket is toast (at least the rubber insolation thingies). I guess the ISV was just bouncing around on the block.

Question1 : If I choose to delete the ISV what's a cheap dependable way to connect the two hoses?

Question 2: If a keep it and decide to reuse the mount (directly mount, metal to metal) , do I need to worry about vibration?

Second Issue: I have no Cycling Valve and in order to clean-up under the intake, I'd like to eliminate the bracket.

Question: What is the gasket and pipe (appears to be brass) under and on the bracket? Can this be modified to keep it's function and contribute to the clean-up? The gasket looks like it should be replaced anywho.

I'm trying to do the research before posting. because I know I must be wearing you guys out with questions. I couldn't find any hits on these.

Thanks
Old 05-29-2007, 07:36 PM
Geneqco
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1. Why not just get new mounts? I got mine from either LR or Paragon... they're about $5 each.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:23 PM
Over Boost
Instructor

That pipe is for the coolant. And if you remove that bracket you will need shorter bolts because it acts as a spacer. Im doing the same thing. Although I didnt plan that part out I was just like "whats that" and pulled it off and got coolant everywhere.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:55 PM
nize
Banned

that coolant goes to the heater core.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:13 PM
Blackwater
Advanced

Thanks guys.

BTW, I found the replacement mounting bolts for the ISV at Lindsey. They were right under my nose.

Quick Reply: ISV and Cycling valve mounts