Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

adjusting autothority maf potentiameter

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 12:39 AM
ZPmadA
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default adjusting autothority maf potentiameter

My car has a random rough idle only during startup. I have been noticing it more as the weather warmed up. The car seemed to idle perfectly fine when it was below freezing outside. Ever since the weather has been in the 50s, and now in the 80s its a bit rough. Its usually during the first couple seconds I start the car. Anyway, I have to put my foot on the accelerator just slightly to keep it from stalling for those first 5 seconds. Usually without my foot on the gas, the rpm drop and the boost gauge goes up to 1 (atmospheric pressure.) So it sounds like the engine stops sucking in air. If I give the car enough throttle to maintain 1,000rpm, the boost gauge shows a drop of air pressure, and a vacuum is indicated by the boost gauge (close to 0.4). After about 5 seconds with my foot on the gas to maintain a 1k rpm, I can take my foot off the throttle and the car idles perfectly fine at around 1k rpm (+\- a few hundred rpm, i cant remember). How would one adjust the "potentiameter" and know to rich, or lean the mixture? Is this yellow thing with a screw at the end the potentiameter?

I have visually inspected the vacuum line connections and can't seem to find any cracks.
Attached Images  
Old 05-30-2007, 10:14 AM
turboted
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same Autothority setup. This adjustment **** only affects the idle (air flow under throttle is not affected by this adjustment) so you don't need to worry about rich vs. lean. Just adjust the **** one way or the other until the idle smooths out...and call it a day.

Quick Reply: adjusting autothority maf potentiameter