Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

The Official Venturi Delete Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 02:09 PM
Keithr726
Nordschleife Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok I don't want smoke under boost however I do not want to remove any metal lines. What would be my option for the check valve?
Old 06-10-2007, 05:59 PM
billthe3
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would try to find the short piece from a later model 951 that someone is parting. That is what I did. I will go take a picture of the small piece and post it up (it is also circled in green in diagram/pic #5 on the original post).

I also fixed the issue with the hardpipe to ICV hose having the venturi connector in the middle of it by using a piece of 1/2" copper pipe to connect the pieces. I'll put pictures of that up as well.
Old 06-10-2007, 10:08 PM
Keithr726
Nordschleife Master

Thanks, you're great Can I have the part number for the short piece? I'm getting the lindsey kit but I'd like to order the other needed part(s).

Last edited by Keithr726; 06-10-2007 at 10:28 PM.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:11 PM
testarossa_td
Race Car

Old 06-14-2007, 01:59 PM
Cosmatics951
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok i lied one more f'ing issue, trying to get this all back together how do you run the new hose from the ISV to the hardpipe? I am having a real hard time getting this hose to connect to both, then getting the intake to sit flush without squishing the hose, or having it sit on the turbo. Sitting on the turbo seems like a bad idea, and having it squeezed also seems bad.

How has anyone run it, looking at the front of the car does it come out from the left or right of the throttle body? Does it go under the 3 metal hardlines? Thanks I am pulling my hair out here.
Old 06-15-2007, 12:08 AM
Loquat15
Racer

So get this... i was going to do the venturi delete...

but then i decided "wouldnt it be easier to keep it how it is?"

So that means i'm 1 hose away from being finnished (taking a short break, its flippin hot right now)

It's a good article, but hey! if its there and it doesnt make sense but its easier to just replace a small hose, by all means... do whatever is easier as Time = Money

Old 06-15-2007, 06:55 PM
billthe3
Rennlist Member

Finally getting around to doing picture stuff since is so damn hot outside. These pictures are the metal connector pipe I made to connect the two pipes that run from the hardpipe to the ICV, which is left in two pieces after you remove the venturi piping.

Went to home depot and got some 1/2" brass tubing and some connector pieces that I soldered on. There are probably pieces like this that are premade, but the selection at home depot wasn't that great so I just made my own. Then painted it black to blend in with the hoses.

Pictures show the piece itself, the diameter of the piece compared to the original venturi splitter pipe, length of the two pieces, and then the part installed. The new pipe obviously doesn't have the curve of the original piece, but the hoses should be able to bend enough for that to not be an issue.
Attached Images      
Old 06-15-2007, 07:03 PM
billthe3
Rennlist Member

This post is in reference to the check valve piece on the OAS line. As I said in the original post, I bought a used control line from a later model year that had the check valve piece installed, but I realized that the hose had a huge crack in it so it wouldn't be useful for anything. I have been unable to find the part number for this specific hose - I've only been able to find it with the rest of the control line assembly.

So I created my own little check valve piece. I'm hoping this will fit in the engine bay, but aside from fitment issues everything holds together without issue.

I took the smaller splitter/t pipe from the now removed venturi setup and stuck that in the middle of the hose that goes from the metal control line to the j-boot (in the OAS to j-boot line). I then cut the smaller hose piece originaly coming off the splitter pipe (shown circled in red in the one picture, the red zig-zag line is where I cut) and stuck the check valve in this piece. The check valve can be purchased seperately (part number in first post), so assuming this new setup fits it would mean you don't have to worry about finding that rubber hose, as you can keep the original piece now.
Attached Images        
Old 06-15-2007, 07:15 PM
billthe3
Rennlist Member

Here's a post showing the individual parts of the venturi system. Crazy setup.

On the small hose that connects the two splitter/venturi pipes, there is actually a metal piece that severly limits airflow. It it held in place by the metal strap in the middle of the hose piece.

I'll get pictures of the plastic venturi pipe and post them up later.

The metal t-pipe/splitter pipe that I used in the above post is a straight through piece.
Attached Images   
Old 08-24-2007, 05:25 PM
M Berg
Rennlist Member

One comment: the check valve flow direction is from inside pipe ->atmosphere. Opens for "high" pressure in the pipe
Old 08-25-2007, 01:46 PM
nize
Banned

what is the purpose of the airflow restrictors ?
Old 08-25-2007, 03:03 PM
billthe3
Rennlist Member

I have no idea, but if anybody knows I'm definitely interested.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:35 AM
Keithr726
Nordschleife Master

How many inches do we take off the hose from the brake booster to the intake? Should it be routed where it used to be deep under the intake or will it be fine going by the CV under the manifold?
Old 08-31-2007, 02:13 AM
ausgeflippt951
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didn't take any off from the hose to the brake booster. I just did a bit of creative rerouting and it worked out fine. You could probably take ~5" off...
Old 08-31-2007, 02:38 PM
reno808
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ausgeflippt951
I didn't take any off from the hose to the brake booster. I just did a bit of creative rerouting and it worked out fine. You could probably take ~5" off...
The shorter the better

Quick Reply: The Official Venturi Delete Thread