Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

hesitation,sputtering on left hand turns

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 07:58 PM
dougoh
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hesitation,sputtering on left hand turns

well i had the new race car out on the track last week and really had a great time until i started getting some hesitating and sputtering in the left hand turns...so then i came in replaced the plugs and went back out and then the car shut down right before pitting ..so i black flagged the session and had to get towed in and put the car on the trailer(luckily it was at the end of the last day)....im thinking maybe a fuel problem but if anyone has any suggestions...i am listening.

thanks

Doug
Old 05-23-2007, 10:26 PM
billindenver
Burning Brakes

Start easy. Pull the fuel pump relay. Use the 3 way jumper technique to bypass it...and see if the car starts. If so, replace the relay and try again (I had your same symptoms on the track once...if I jerked the car side to side it would take off again but then sputter in turns later...was faulty relay). Do you have a fuel pressure guage? Is there fuel in the rail after it dies? How about your oil pressure when it sputters?

Cap and rotor?

I would start by verifying fuel pressure and then move through the paces from there. Maybe take the fuel rail off, turn it upside down and see if it sprays during cranking. That would mean fuel is being released...so look at spark from there (make sure the fuel has evaporated before applying spark anywhere for the love of allah).

Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:54 PM
dougoh
Burning Brakes

thanks bill.. i will start by putting a fuel pressure gauge on the rail and then go from there.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:45 PM
dougoh
Burning Brakes

it turned out to be short in a wire that goes to the msd ignition coil(exposed wire)...it burned up the coil...no big deal(for once)

Quick Reply: hesitation,sputtering on left hand turns