Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Making my own fuel lines. Anyone have AN fittings sizes i need?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 06:23 PM
MrNasty951
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Reno
The way I'm doing mine is... I just got the braided line ,And ran it along the bottom of the car to figure out how I'm gonna route everything, From there I now have a good idea of what fittings I will need. I'm doing the entire fuel system w/braided lines. But I will not final mine out till I get the engine back in my car. Are you doing the entire system or just the lines under the hood? Never mind the question I just read the thread and now know what you are doing! p.s that fitting is just one of the dressed hose clamps

Last edited by MrNasty951; 05-10-2007 at 09:39 PM.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:24 PM
reno808
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is that piece called?
Attached Images  
Old 05-10-2007, 06:26 PM
reno808
Rennlist Member

Well as of right now just under the hood. I might be doing the fuel filter soon so i am going to replace as much lines as i can
Old 05-12-2007, 06:12 PM
superloaf
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by reno808
What is that piece called?

it's just a hose clamp with a cover over it. i couldn't find any other fitting to connect there and that's pretty much how ALL of the other set ups do it so i figured it was acceptable.

i don't think you'll find the right fittings at summit. those metric fittings are hard as hell to find. don't know why but i guess in the world of fittings there are so, so many different types, sizes, sanctioning bodies etc. that it gets mind boggling when you're looking for something a little different.

if summit stocks them then by all means show us a part # or link to it because i seriously doubt they have them. when i was looking i am totally serious that BAT was the ONLY place in the entire U.S. that had them!

and not sure why you would use braided all the way to the tank as the most of that fuel line is hard metal and shouldn't ever cause any problems and would be more durable than ss braided i would think.

compression fittings are the ones that connect to hard lines. i can't remember if they're the same size--i think they might be slightly different and that's what "mj951" lists in his parts so i would guess so.
Old 05-12-2007, 08:32 PM
reno808
Rennlist Member

Yes the comp fittings are diff sizes. I'll list every thing by prt number, qty and location

Quick Reply: Making my own fuel lines. Anyone have AN fittings sizes i need?