Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Ac Problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 03:32 PM
DrZ1
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Ac Problem

I have been out of my car for a while, now that the heat is back, it seem to be sporatic.

Yesterday I picked up my car and the a/c seem great. Church this am againe fine. After church in which the car sat in the sun, It seemed to blow full hot.

I changed the clip shortly back , as well as Heater control valve.So I dont think this is it. I HAVE DONE SEARCES, but I can not find solution I remember reading about a sensor I think near the glove box

Any sugesstions????

Thanks
Steve
Old 05-06-2007, 04:17 PM
DrZ1
Burning Brakes

Update

So call sat for about 1.5 hrs, under shade car blows cool, under hood I can see the freon passing through site glass, and line is cool.

It seems when insite air in car is hot, it blows hot if starts off cool it stays cool. About to run some errands will see what happens.
Old 05-06-2007, 04:24 PM
mortymower
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this problem might be pertaining to your climate control module, if im correct. grab a set of guages from someone, harbor freight has them new for $30 and their nice to have... but hook up the gauges and see if the compressor is making the proper high side pressure. There is a chart on clarks garage with proper high and low side pressures so use that. If all is correct and there are no leaks its probably the climate control module. somebody check me on that,
Old 05-08-2007, 11:06 PM
testarossa_td
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

These cars are just huge heat boxes with that rear hatch. So unless you are doing some extensive highway driving to really get some cooling going...get a temp gauge and put it in the main vent in the middle, push the recirculate button on the control unit and see what readings you get in your two scenarios. But as mentioned gauge the high and low side and see. Quite a few variables here.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:11 PM
DrZ1
Burning Brakes

Thanks, fot the input.

My main question right now is when A/C is on should the two flaps, outside of the squirel cage on the blower motor, Be completely closed or only half closed.

thanks\
Old 05-08-2007, 11:44 PM
Chris Prack
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 20+ years as a tech says you are low on freon. You should not see bubbles in the dryer.

The reason it does not work if it sits in the sun is because of the low charge. When the a/c is turned on the evaporator core does not get cold enough to cool with the high sun load. The ambient temp in the car is high as opposed to sitting in the shade the lower ambient temp is easier for the evaporator to cool and you get cool air. Make sense? It's easier to cool warm air than hot air. Get someone to add some freon and you should be good unless there is a leak. Whoever you get to charge the a/c, have them put ultra-violet dye into the system in case of a leak, it will make finding and fixing the leak much easier.

Quick Reply: Ac Problem