Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Does this kit have everything i need?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 02:10 AM
FastPirate
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does this kit have everything i need?

I just bought a few goodies to get my car back on the road. i got a waterpump and the roller and belts from paragon...should i get the kit paragon sells called the "front engine reseal" kit? since im gonna be in there anyway i mines as well???? does that kit have everything i need in it?Front engine reseal kit
Old 05-05-2007, 04:46 AM
Darwantae951

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

If everything looks clean when you have it apart, then I say leave it alone. Inspect everything and make your own decision tho.

-Darwin
Old 05-05-2007, 06:31 AM
TheRealLefty
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 on Bonestock's call. Water pump and belts are critical preventive maintenance. Leaking front seals are not car killers like a failed pump or belt and need only be replaced if they are badly seeping, IMO. Aside from the annoyance of those dime sized drip patterns, a roller seal leak can compromise the integrity of the belts over time and shouldn't be ignored, but if they're intact on your car, "leaving well enough alone" is decent advice.

Porsches really do spring oil leaks more frequently than other cars, dogonnit.
Old 05-05-2007, 02:28 PM
ryanm6100
Pumice King
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you have the $$ and extra couple hours to get the seals out/in, I would say do it. It's not necessarily imperative, but if you are doing some preventative maintenance, you will already be in there and you can do it pretty easily. You most likely won't have the rollers off again unless one fails on you, as they last a long time, so why not? Vic(pauerman) and I did it and it didn't add much to the job, but now I know for sure they won't be leaking anytime soon. Just my $ .02!
Old 05-05-2007, 04:38 PM
Darwantae951

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

It's not that easy if he doesn't have the tools to pull the balance shaft gears and crank pully off. It can get to be a real pain and if he has no visible signs of leaks, and everything is in nice shape then there would be no need to spend the money, time, and effort right now. As long as he keeps up with maintenance and checks under his hood regularly then I recommend inspection and thats it.

-Darwin

Quick Reply: Does this kit have everything i need?