Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Smaller Displacement = Higher popssible Horsepower?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 02:34 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Porschefile
Better check your history there buddy because you're completely wrong. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skyline_gtr Skyline's were giving Porsche 904's a run for their money back in the '60s. They've had plenty of success, and certainly more than your average sports car.
I think you better read what you post , run second To "A 904" , this is your evidence for world domination LOL

Was'nt a WORLD DOMINATING GT_R beaten last year at Leguna by a 996 Cup ,A 996 CUP , in the TT championships ,it was also driven by a top Jap driver . so PLEASE SPARE ME!
THe GT-R is a good JAP car , but do not come around here , FLaunting race Victories on a PORSCHE website you will look rediculous...

SO READ UP SOMEMORE , exchange is good , GT-Rs' we have a lot around here and i have yet to see one break 2.20 @ Sebring , I have seen one run around the back before hitting the wall @Sebring, as i stated before post a 2.07 at Sebring and you will be as fast as an N/A Porsche.

Nissans Success with the GT-R is mostly attached to JAP racing , Internationally nothing to jump at , as there has never been a japanese prepared Car to ever win an international Pro racing event
well at least to my knowledge , but if you find one please post it here , as i would like to know ....
Old 05-08-2007, 03:10 PM
SoloRacer
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

A.Wayne: While I agree with most of what you say Mazda won LeMans with a 4 rotor rotary car called the 787B. It's a sweet machine and the only Japanese car to win LeMans.
Attached Images  
Old 05-08-2007, 03:36 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SoloRacer
A.Wayne: While I agree with most of what you say Mazda won LeMans with a 4 rotor rotary car called the 787B. It's a sweet machine and the only Japanese car to win LeMans.
It was not japanese built or prepared , What i said was there has never been a Japanese built and prepared car to win an International pro event ...

Mazda is the only Japanese Manufactuer to win lemans , just not with a japanese
built or prepared car and 300 plus million later , neither has Toyota nor Nissan...
Old 05-08-2007, 08:11 PM
TRP951
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SoloRacer
didnt that car have two 13b's grafted together? I dont remember it but there was a website with a DIY to hook two together a while back
Old 05-08-2007, 08:33 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TRP951
didnt that car have two 13b's grafted together? I dont remember it but there was a website with a DIY to hook two together a while back

Well it was a 4 rotor , glueing two 13B's together me thinks not .......
Old 05-08-2007, 08:35 PM
TRP951
Rennlist Member

that might not be what they did on the racecar but i do know the site showed a way with dimensions to make a adapter or something along that lines in which they bolted them together.

besides if the bolts dont hold im sure JB weld would
Old 05-08-2007, 09:28 PM
TRP951
Rennlist Member

after searching since it was bothering me found it http://members.tripod.com/~grannys/4rotorcoupling.html
and a vid http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...eoID=636198292
and... the people who sell dvds on the whole process of making one
http://www.bevenyoung.com.au/prdt1663.htm
Old 05-08-2007, 09:40 PM
MPD47
The Carnage King
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tim, the actual rotor housings are the same, and you can use 13B front and end casings, but the intermediates and eccentric are unique.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:09 PM
Driftomagnifico
Banned

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
SO READ UP SOMEMORE , exchange is good , GT-Rs' we have a lot around here and i have yet to see one break 2.20 @ Sebring , I have seen one run around the back before hitting the wall @Sebring, as i stated before post a 2.07 at Sebring and you will be as fast as an N/A Porsche.
The World Challenge debut entry of the GT-R did 2:17 at Sebring. Not bad for a converted street car running against full blown factory race cars. Nevermind the JGTC series where Nissan's 350Z and Mazda's RX7 have continuously beat GT3's year after year.

There is a reason why the GT-R doesn't have big times here in the US... it's has not been entered in US racing. Like I said, just about everything it was entered in it dominated, and you have not proved that wrong.

What does it matter, it's all a ***** measuring contest. No one but Porsche can field an acceptable race car. If it beats a Porsche then it must be cheating.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:30 PM
nitehawk951
Rennlist Member

News flash, mazda is ford. My 951 wins.

Lots of cool info in this thread.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:42 PM
MPD47
The Carnage King
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Driftomagnifico
The World Challenge debut entry of the GT-R did 2:17 at Sebring. Not bad for a converted street car running against full blown factory race cars. Nevermind the JGTC series where Nissan's 350Z and Mazda's RX7 have continuously beat GT3's year after year.
Comparing JGTC 350z's and FD's to a GT3 is hardly a comparison.

You're talking about full out factory supported tube frame turbo cars vs NA unibody privateer cars. That's not even a comparison.

Please
Old 05-09-2007, 12:20 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Driftomagnifico

There is a reason why the GT-R doesn't have big times here in the US... it's has not been entered in US racing. Like I said, just about everything it was entered in it dominated, and you have not proved that wrong.

What does it matter, it's all a ***** measuring contest. No one but Porsche can field an acceptable race car. If it beats a Porsche then it must be cheating.
Work on your comprehension , which part did you not understand GT-R slow ,
2.17 is not 2.07 , JGTC is a japanese series, LOL , have you ever seen a racecar
do you really know anything about racing , I think not .... but what the hell silly me for thinking that Porsche's win races ....where did i ever get that idea

Last edited by A.Wayne; 05-09-2007 at 01:55 AM.

Quick Reply: Smaller Displacement = Higher popssible Horsepower?