Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Radiators.??

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007 | 04:27 AM
Moook
Racer

Default Radiators.??

Has anybody heard of or used the products from Entropy Technology.??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...0678382&rd=1,1

Im looking at upgrading the rad on my car , ultimately ide like a Griffin or similar...

Just looking to see if any of you know much about them...
Old 04-23-2007 | 06:27 AM
Porschefile
Three Wheelin'

At this point, I'd say avoid them like the plague. It's been nearly a month and I still haven't received mine. Other than that, I heard a few others on here talking about apparent fitment issues. Hopefully they don't decide to F me and take my money.
Old 04-23-2007 | 09:13 AM
2bridges
Drifting

search will show several reasons why i would not conduct business with them ever again

will try to find thread for you
Old 04-23-2007 | 09:27 AM
2bridges
Drifting

https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turbo-and-turbo-s-forum/335826-oversized-radiator.html

See forth message - reposting for your convenience
________________________________________________________________________ _________
**(entropytec vendor on ebay $389)**

After waiting almost 4 weeks for first radiator to arrive - it arived and the threaded openings were stripped out, apparently from the incorrect thread pitch on fittings they forced another two weeks and the second arived only slightly better n this regard. Ultimately ignored my repeated complaint and inquiries and simply would not respond. I would not conduct business with him again.

I ultimately sold it at a loss and did not use it for the following reasons:

1.)This radiator is thicker than stock. I was not happy with how hoses were going to fit. If A/C condenser gone and radiator moved forward 2" I think it would be right on (I was not going to get rid of A/C to fit radiator)
2.)I had to slightly open up holes on plastic fan shrowd to get to fit
3.)I had to trim tabs (were batwing rear bolts attach) on bottom of radiator support to fit.
4.)I was not satisfied with smooth tank mounting. The factory radiator has a small ridge that rubber mount fits into, this one is smooth, no ridge. Not a big deal, but I was going to have a ridge of weld positioned on either side for my own piece of mind.
5.) hose connection sizes and locations and bung are correct placement, but the bungs are threaded for pipe thread (I think) fittings.(stock plastic Porsche radiator nipples will not work).

The tanks were constructed of a very nice heavy guage aluminum. And quality welds and core construction.

For a race car, and a person not afraid to do some fabrication this may be a good alternate radiator.

If you are buying as a 100% bolt in I guarantee you will be very disapointed
Old 04-23-2007 | 07:12 PM
Moook
Racer

Hey. Thanks chaps.
I nearly bought one..
Ill steer well clear of these now...

In fact i just got a mail back from entropy,, Aparently they find shipping to the UK a " PITA" . So theyve saved me some aggro, as it seems there rads are a PITA...

Ta...
Old 04-23-2007 | 08:26 PM
facboy
Burning Brakes

isn't heritage motorsports (?) supposed to be good? pricey though, from what i recall.

Quick Reply: Radiators.??