Which one doesn't belong?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 11:49 PM
ilikemy944
Going with the pack
is quite monotonous.
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A Porsche w/out a turbo is like a basketball with no air in it........sure, you can play with it.....but it's not near as much fun!!
Greatest thing ever posted.
Old 04-22-2007, 07:06 PM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Landjet
Hey Karl how did everything go up at the track today? Had some things come up and was not able to make it. With being buried at work, a family B-day, and Heartland Park wanting to charge a new fee of $50.00 for a pit vehicle, and there ever rising elc hookup fee I just said (screw you guys I'm going home). Got to put your foot down some time I guess and let them know things are getting out of hand price wise. I will settle for Hallett in a few weeks.
That black 89TS in the picture looks familiar. Looks like my old street car if it's owned by a guy named Al Hess thats it.
Yup, that is Al's car that I maintain. She ran good, but blew a hose in the first Sprint race which was unfortunate. Other than that, it was running great in the enduro and the 2nd sprint race. Both it and the white car ran very well.

Hastings, nebraska DE in 2 weeks, and then the club race up there a month later. Busy summer

HPT needs to get their fee's figured out. They originally wanted something like $150 a day to rent a garage space, and people just laughed at them. Now they are $200 for the entire weekend (which I think is money well spent), but they still only filled about 8-10 garages, so I am guessing they will have to do something like $50-100 for the weekend to fill them up (which would make them a lot more money). They would be able to push a lot more of their services if they can be reasonable on their pricing.
Old 04-22-2007, 07:07 PM
User 41221
Banned

Received 173 Likes on 108 Posts

Yep, thats Al Hess's current car track car.

And while I enjoy turbo boost as much as the next guy, don't underestimate the NA's. I still think that my favorite version of the entire 944 series would be an 83-85.5 NA (keep in mind that I currently own a 968 and a fairly healthy 951). There's a whole lot more to driving than just straight line boost and the early NA's demonstrate a ton of poise and balance that I find lacking in the later cars. You can drive an NA very fast IF you know how to drive. Most turbo owners compensate for a lack of driving talent with a heavy foot down the straights.

Regards,

Quick Reply: Which one doesn't belong?