Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Bad seal between the MAF and Turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 02:02 PM
IPSC
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bad seal between the MAF and Turbo?

Ok, after a GREAT deal of time I am finally getting around to doing the Vitesse MAF install. I am removing the Autothority MAF that came on the car. The Autothority was part of a PowerHause kit that the previous owner put on. Here is the odd part. The bottom of the metal piping that went to the turbo had been reshaped for some reason. I am guessing to get a better fit? I don't know.

The point is, it was done VERY badly. Pics would help but everything is up at my buddies house. I am not sure who did it but when I pulled it out, it was obvious that there was not a good seal AND the hose clamp was not entirely around the whole mess.

So the question today is would a leak in this area have contributed to my running way rich and low horse power situatuion?

IPSC
Old 04-14-2007, 02:13 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

In front of the turbo you have a low pressure area (turbo is pulling air). I suspect you were running lean, as you will be sucking in unmetered air (air entering the turbo after the MAF).
Old 04-14-2007, 03:21 PM
IPSC
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fast951
In front of the turbo you have a low pressure area (turbo is pulling air). I suspect you were running lean, as you will be sucking in unmetered air (air entering the turbo after the MAF).
Thats what i thought too but for some reason i was running way rich. I will get everything in and off to the Dyno here in the next couple of weeks. Caharts to follow.

Ya know when I bought this car part of why I was interrested was the Powerhause stuff already installed. Now here I am slowly replacing EVERY bit of it...

IPSC

Quick Reply: Bad seal between the MAF and Turbo?